Fine pix 50i

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

starfion

Does anyone here know whether the Fujifilm Fine pix 50i is good?

Also, does what is the price of this camera? (in Singapore)

Originally posted by starfion
Does anyone here know whether the Fujifilm Fine pix 50i is good?

Also, does what is the price of this camera? (in Singapore)

It's a MP3 player cum 2MP digital camera (can interpolate to 4MP)....u wanna buy this for what???? If it's photography u r interested in, go buy something else instead...

it should be a 2.4MP camera.

anyway, it's big for a MP3 player and perhaps a bit too small for a digital camera ;p

Originally posted by mpenza
it should be a 2.4MP camera.

anyway, it's big for a MP3 player and perhaps a bit too small for a digital camera ;p

But the pix is 1600x1200...or interpolated to 2400x1800...the extra 0.4MP is redundant.

Originally posted by Jayan

But the pix is 1600x1200...or interpolated to 2400x1800...the extra 0.4MP is redundant.

you understood it wrongly. it uses the full 2.4MP CCD for the interpolated 4.3MP image file, which means the actual resolution is at least 2.4MP.

The fact that it does not have a "2.4MP" resolution pic doesn't mean that the extra 0.4MP is redundant. For the lower resolution shots, the images are captured using the full 2.4MP CCD and then resampled to the smaller size.

Originally posted by mpenza

you understood it wrongly. it uses the full 2.4MP CCD for the interpolated 4.3MP image file, which means the actual resolution is at least 2.4MP.

The fact that it does not have a "2.4MP" resolution pic doesn't mean that the extra 0.4MP is redundant. For the lower resolution shots, the images are captured using the full 2.4MP CCD and then resampled to the smaller size.

Becos of the honeycomb design of the SuperCCD?????

Status
Not open for further replies.