Finding shoes for my large feet

Status
Not open for further replies.

zha

Feb 24, 2003
Eastside Singapore
Visit site
Hey,

Any of you blokes have problems finding dress shoes? Especially if you have size 11/46 feet?

I've had this huge feet since moons ago and finding shoes of the right size and 'look' is like finding the right partner..... okay exaggerated. :D I can walk into 10 stores/ shoes department and maybe only 1 or 2 stores have my size.
Strangely, when I enlisted for NS, there was no problem getting hold of the right sized boots :rolleyes:

Anyways, anyone here knows where I can try looking for shoes that may fit me? Any lead will be helpful.

what kind of shoes, anyway? can talk half a day, then only to find out i can recommend running shoes, when you want sandals :bsmilie:

sehsuan said:
what kind of shoes, anyway? can talk half a day, then only to find out i can recommend running shoes, when you want sandals :bsmilie:

Am looking for dress shoes for work.

Running shoes is also a problem but leave that out for the moment.

he mentioned dress shoes, i suppose those leather shoes for work?

Queensway Shopping Centre got running shoes, Doc Martins, etc. in big sizes.

Otherwise, go to Takashimaya Men's shoe dept. Not all brands....but clearly labeled.

uh for running shoes, you may want to call up Asics Singapore/First2 Sports, you can look for Gabriel there.

I never have problems, probably because everyone here has big feet, and also maybe because I rarely go shoe shopping :D

zha said:
Hey,

Any of you blokes have problems finding dress shoes? Especially if you have size 11/46 feet?

I've had this huge feet since moons ago and finding shoes of the right size and 'look' is like finding the right partner..... okay exaggerated. :D I can walk into 10 stores/ shoes department and maybe only 1 or 2 stores have my size.
Strangely, when I enlisted for NS, there was no problem getting hold of the right sized boots :rolleyes:

Anyways, anyone here knows where I can try looking for shoes that may fit me? Any lead will be helpful.

Hey! I am a big-foot too. Wearing size 13 shoes...

Have lots of problem looking for leather shoes a few months ago for some events. Ended getting this pair of ugly looking slip-in leather shoes available from "Why Pay More?"

Most of the shoes out there in the market are for narrow feet people.
Me myself, i normally wear between size 10.5 - 12.

Usually those bigger brands seldom have shoes for wide feet people like me, but adidas now have "ultra wide" series...duno whether to rejoice or not....havent tried those yet.

Normally....when it's size 11...the length of the shoe is juz nice....but too narrow......if it's 12, the width is comforting but shoes are too long.
Its the same for ice skating boots which they rent out at rinks....tats why i gave it up, too expensive to buy a custom size boots anyway. :p

You can try Timberland. They have size 12. Although a bit on the heavier side.

The other option is Noda shoes (a Japanese brand). They have size (a bit oversized) 11 in a specific design. Noda is at Suntec, Jurong Point as well as some other places too.

Good Luck. :)

zha said:
Am looking for dress shoes for work.

Running shoes is also a problem but leave that out for the moment.

I often find good quality large size running shoes on offer at Anchor point or Thomson Plaza sport shop - and wishing that these were size nine instead of eleven. Can be good and cheap when on offer but not well stocked for your kind of size.

Have U tried Queens way shopping centre for your dress shoes?

You can buy the cheap "No. 3" army dress shoes from E-Mart :D :D :D

sorry for gate-crashing your thread.

Does anyone know where to find Lloyd shoes in Singapore? German hand made and very comfortable for big footed people. About S$270 a pair

ed9119 said:
sorry for gate-crashing your thread.

Does anyone know where to find Lloyd shoes in Singapore? German hand made and very comfortable for big footed people. About S$270 a pair

They have very nice dress shoes!! Kenneth Cole's too! But KC at Taka don;t carry much gents' dress shoes.

Lloyd were at Suntec once. Not their own boutique though. Was trying to look for them a mth ago but was told by the salesperson that they don't sell the brand anymore.

cqrv said:
You can try Timberland. They have size 12. Although a bit on the heavier side.

The other option is Noda shoes (a Japanese brand). They have size (a bit oversized) 11 in a specific design. Noda is at Suntec, Jurong Point as well as some other places too.

Good Luck. :)

Hey cqrv,

Is Noda new in S'pore? And how are the shoes priced like?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.