Filters to recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asidie

Jun 25, 2008
Hi people

I just bought a 400D recently
And was wondering what are the filters that are most commonly use and the one that i can try with?
And what are different filters for
Please educate me :)

Get these 2 first

1) UV or skylight filter is almost a necessity to protect the lens.
2)Circular polariser - get saturated blue sky, cut down reflection n glares

The rest can wait but I find the graduated ND filter useful for landscape shots. :)

Get these 2 first

1) UV or skylight filter is almost a necessity to protect the lens.
2)Circular polariser - get saturated blue sky, cut down reflection n glares

The rest can wait but I find the graduated ND filter useful for landscape shots. :)

is it possible to use both UV filter and polariser together without suffering image degradation?

my main point is not to remove the UV filter, which will always be screwed on to the lens, whether in thunder, lightning or in rain.

is it possible to use both UV filter and polariser together without suffering image degradation?

my main point is not to remove the UV filter, which will always be screwed on to the lens, whether in thunder, lightning or in rain.

sorry answer is found here.
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389207

please ignore my previous post.

Thanks for the advices guys
I already got a UV filters
Will try to get hold of a polarize filter soon

:)

You may want to take into account what kind of lens you have for the circular polarizing filter. If the front element of your lens rotates, then the CPL filter 'setting' will get affected.

Only ND, GND, CP for me.

Ryan

be sure to get yourself one of better make and quality. there's no point cheapening out on a $40 filter in front of a lens that is way much more expensive. a poor piece of glass in front of a good glass only transmits poorer light to your sensor.

Status
Not open for further replies.