Filter queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

roy2978

Mar 30, 2003
Central
Visit site
Hey professionals and amateur out there, can someone help me as in what is the function of a warm-up filter and a UV filter?

Any website that provide photo examples....

Warm up filters are splited into categories: 81 & 85

81A, 81B, 81C are light balancing filters used to decrease the color temperature slightly for a warmer (redder) tone. Corrects the tendency toward bluish tones. For example, the 81A should be selected when using tungsten Type B color film (3200°K) with photoflood lamps (3400°K) These filters can be used together.

85, 85B, 85C are color conversion filters for the use of tungsten type color films in daylight. 85 decreases the color temperature from 5500°K to 3400°K for the use of Type A color films. 85B decreases the color temperature from 5500°K to 3200°K for the use of Type B color films. 85C decreases the color temperature from 5500°K to 3800°K. The effect obtained is the same as with daylight type color films used in daylight.

Source: http://www.thkphoto.com/products/hoya/index.html

Originally posted by shuy
can they both be replaced by photoshop?

unless you are film user, i think. and besides that, there is white balance on most digital cameras.

Some places need warming up, such as cities where there is a lot of concrete. I use an 81A all the time as portraits work better with them generally. If you are using digital then this is not a problem. I used to always shoot a white card for the first frame of a shoot to balance any colour temp factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.