Film slowing down even more?

By the way, for overall view of the industry, it might be good to check publicly available documents from the major players. For example, this Fujifilm presentation for investors (PDF) has some information on global demand for color film, as well as Fuji's own strategy.

Everytime someone intents to pick up film, they get labelled a hipster. The people with knowledge (perhaps also film purists?) much prefer to tell the new kids "well then you've got lots to learn and if you don't have the patience, please stay away from using film and stick to Instagram filters". I'm sure this is also part of the problem that's causing the death of film photography. People ought to be more excited to share the joy of shooting film. Perhaps that will assist to open people up to shooting film.

The people with knowledge (perhaps also film purists?) much prefer to tell the new kids "well then you've got lots to learn and if you don't have the patience, please stay away from using film and stick to Instagram filters". I'm sure this is also part of the problem that's causing the death of film photography.
IMHO, while one certainly can delve into some very technical stuff in film photography, using film doesn't actually have to be complex :) Keep in mind that when film photography was the most popular form of photography, everyone shot film. Including for example students on school field trips, average Joe / Jane taking snapshots during vacation ;p So camera manufacturers did make cameras that are simple to use as well. Either through automation of various settings, or, in case of disposable cameras, by not providing changeable settings at all.

Unfortunately this is the current state of my film gear...this is not even all of it. Sad indeed.

20507052983_f17cb0ed42_c.jpg

Unfortunately this is the current state of my film gear...this is not even all of it. Sad indeed.

20507052983_f17cb0ed42_c.jpg
Wow that's Alotta lens!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Wow that's Alotta lens!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I have a dozen more or so, probably half a dozen more cameras, and so many filters, flashes, light meters, etc I couldn't even begin to tell you.

I really need to get rid of a bunch of it.

I want to shrink down to a F2 Eye-level, a Df, 8 legacy lenses, and 2 AF lenses. That is what I have distilled the essence of my dream kit to.

Last edited:
I have a dozen more or so, probably half a dozen more cameras, and so many filters, flashes, light meters, etc I couldn't even begin to tell you.

I really need to get rid of a bunch of it.

I want to shrink down to a F2 Eye-level, a Df, 8 legacy lenses, and 2 AF lenses. That is what I have distilled the essence of my dream kit to.

Hmmm looking to let go of any nikon lenses?

Actually I also feel very tired of all these film stuff. Digital (actually mobile device) is just so much more convenient.

In any case, if there's anyone there that's disposing film and/or developing kit, good if comes with chemicals too.
Let me know.
whatsapp: 81oo955l