Film Prices UP???!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yellow_kiwi

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
last week, i bought Press800 from ruby for S$6.90 each. I remembered the price was ard S$6.40-6.50 per roll. when i cry out to ask why the increase, the answer i got was "pro film px went up, consumer film remained". i got all the 15 remaining rolls they had in the shop since i always got my film from them. i was further told that Reala would now cost nearly S$7 bucks!!! :what:

then i recalled having bought a lens cap even earlier on for S$4 bucks (which i rem to be S$3.50...) again, when i asked why, i was told that px went up for everything... :dunno:

i went MScolor today to make my purchases. when i asked whether there were changes to their film px recently, they said no. their Press800 costs S$6.50 per roll.

anyone can gice any explanations for this.

Oh yah, plz indicate any cheaper px for Press800 n Reala that u had come across.

Regards

I bought 20 rolls from one shop @ $6.90 per roll only to find out half an hour later that another shop is selling them at $6.00 per roll.
Will check out prices before making purchases next time. :)

Prices for Fuji Film may vary from time to time as the are not fixed by the supplier. It is a little like the stock exchange which fluctuates. Thus being so, the retailers have no control over the pircing for long.

It goes by the batch. So if there were batches that were priced lower at some previous stage and the shops still has them....so that's why the prices may differ. Other possible reasons might be that for stock clearance, turnover, etc.

There is also limited stock of Press800 from Fuji.

i think price for consumer film went down... fuji superias can be obtained at $3 and below for a set of 3 or 4..

Bought 2 rolls of Kodak Porta 160VC from CathayPhoto yesterday. Cost $6.50 per 35mm roll. Cheaper to buy in a tube of 5.

Just bought my Fuji Press at CS at $6.00 per roll. Don't know why Ruby sells so ex. Bought my Kodak 160VC at $5.70 per roll (based on a tube of 5)

Pro Image said:
Just bought my Fuji Press at CS at $6.00 per roll. Don't know why Ruby sells so ex. Bought my Kodak 160VC at $5.70 per roll (based on a tube of 5)

Pardon me, but where is CS?
Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.