Film for Camera... got such thing meh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JermsDayOut

Aug 19, 2003
www.instagram.com
Hi guys,

I was chatting with a particular Aunty from my neighbourhood photo developing lab and she remarked that once, there was a photographer who kept bringing in rolls and rolls of konica film to shoot weddings and events and the colours, grain levels were excellent!!! She was so shocked with the results as it was even better than the kodak or fuji films that she has processed before. So this photog shared with her that he had tested various types of film and found that the konica one gave best results on his camera. So it was like - choose the brand/type of film for your camera because each model camera has got a "sweet" film with which it could work best.

is there such theory? or is it some smoke i'm smelling?

Anyway, not to underestimate the aunty in the photo lab (i'm guilty as charged for underestimating her)... she developed her own wedding photos and colour corrected each and every one on the older Noritsu machine (The kind stanley uses)... so i was pretty impressed with her knowledge on colour too!!!

anyway, hope some of you can help me shed some light on the abovementioned theory... i feel that i should test the various brands on my EOS 33 and not blindly choose Fuji 400...

how?

Film behaves the same in any camera.
A camera is just a black box that holds film.

Choose the film that YOU like.

Can there be a remote possibility that the lens the photographer used has certain colour characteristics that matched the Konica film very well?

JermsDayOut said:
Hi guys,

I was chatting with a particular Aunty from my neighbourhood photo

which neighbourhood aunty do you go to? maybe i will drop by

Status
Not open for further replies.