27478222.jpg

27478223.jpg

27478224.jpg

27478225.jpg

27478226.jpg

27478227.jpg

EOS-1D, EF400f2.8L IS, ASA800, 1/400s, f2.8

日本万歳!キヤノン万歳!

Lights at the National Stadium are good then?

日本万歳! ニコンカメラ も 万歳

vthian...good captured actions... :thumbsup:

My apologies. Good lights at the Jalan Besar Stadium then!

Jed said:
My apologies. Good lights at the Jalan Besar Stadium then!

Well, all the picture was actully 1 stop under :sweat: when the player come near to the side of the field...3 stop under :confused: thats why all my picture taken with only 400mm lens which is midfield.

Local photogs told me this is the best lighthing stadium in singapore, national stadium is worst :bigeyes: don know how to shot the rugby this weekend after dark. Remember all the world cup stadium in Seoul can shot with ASA 400 with 1/800 f2.8 ;p

Very well-captured shots. :) Wow, 400mm f/.8 IS huh! *dream lens*

I haven't done any sports but 1/400, f/2.8 at ISO400 sounds like the place was well-lit.

Before the game started, there was a delay of several seconds. Apparently the ref was trying to 'push' some photographer(s) off the area. Then the camera was directed for a few seconds at this guy who walking away slowly, carrying what looked like a huge L lens... hee-hee...

SMC said:
Wah... EOS 1D :bigeyes:

Tell Us, how many thousand shots did you fired?

575 jpeg picture thru out the games..but if compare with Japanese guys there :bigeyes: all of them easy 3 times more then me :eek:

Not sure who caused the delay... but if I not wrong, there's about 50 photographers from Japan alone, if you add their TV crew and journalist it's about 100.

BTW, the stadium is very small, not much space for these ppl to maneuver as well

Excellent action shots there, vthian. :thumbsup: The big piece of glass you used is one of the finest superteles, super sharp, super fast AF (and superheavy as well :D ). The stadium lighting was pretty good (from what I could see on TV). Thanks for sharing the pics. :)

Well 1/400 @ f2.8 @ ISO 800 is lighting I would kill to have. I can only think of one stadium that I regularly work at that has lighting that good. The rest are abysmal, although on the continent it's much better.

Incidentally, some of your shots seem to have more motion blur than I would expect at 1/400. But then again I hardly shoot 1/400 with a 400mm so maybe that's the reason.

The Japanese are crazy about their sporting heroes. Not surprised at the number of Japanese snappers there.

Regarding the rugby, if you see Ben Gollings say hi for me :)

all very nicely captured.. wish i was there..

personally, i feel the last one is the nicest and the one that's most probably (IMO) to appear on a newspaper..

vthian said:
Well, all the picture was actully 1 stop under :sweat: when the player come near to the side of the field...3 stop under :confused: thats why all my picture taken with only 400mm lens which is midfield.

Local photogs told me this is the best lighthing stadium in singapore, national stadium is worst :bigeyes: don know how to shot the rugby this weekend after dark. Remember all the world cup stadium in Seoul can shot with ASA 400 with 1/800 f2.8 ;p

Uh, pray really really hard? :D

That must have been some massive priced lighting system they have there, ISO400 1/800 is really something I wish I can see around more locations using artificial lighting...

Jed, what kind of lighting situations do you typically encounter? Forgot to check with you the last time we were at Spinellis' ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.