Feedback System for Shoot Organisers

Vote for your preferred Photoshoot Organiser

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been 3 months, some organizers may have given up, new ones came along or old ones have improved. I suggest we start another poll.

It has been 3 months, some organizers may have given up, new ones came along or old ones have improved. I suggest we start another poll.

We are only listing the current Shoot Organisers with active subscriptions in this poll (yes, we acknowledge that there have been other Organisers who could be on the list, however since they are no longer active, it is not fair to compare against the current Organisers), and we will add/remove Organisers from the poll options as they subscribe or leave. Note however, that once an Organiser is removed from the option list (subscription lapsed), he/she will lose all accumulated votes up to that point, and if the Organiser resubscribes at a later stage, he/she will start from 0 votes.

The only thing now is to update the list... to start a new one, it will not be fair to those organisers who persevered thru out these months or years without any layoff.. if u start a new poll, many voters who have voted previously may not be around then, but that should not mean that their views or opinion about the organiser(s) be discounted as it reflects the consistency of these organiser(s). If old ones(organisers) improved, I am sure the poll will continue to reflect on their performance.

Can include starting date i.e. (Since Jan 2009) ?

Why not start a monthly poll instead and close the previous threads along the way? :think:

This way the list of organisers would be updated and it would be act as a scoring card for them for that month. ;)

Why not start a monthly poll instead and close the previous threads along the way? :think:

This way the list of organisers would be updated and it would be act as a scoring card for them for that month. ;)

I think this suggestion will benefit the new organisers more as they have no history to back them. To the newbies who wants a guide for them to choose which ones to join, they will have no info on the credibility of the organisers since the score resets every month, based on this suggestion. As much as i know that this poll is just a informal guide for potential participants, still I believe the history of the organisers is relevant, just like whatever consumer products we choose to part our money with. And what other history this poll could provide with, is the accumulation of votes. Unless there are better ways to reflect that, i think resetting scores will defeat the purpose of this poll.

I think this suggestion will benefit the new organisers more as they have no history to back them. To the newbies who wants a guide for them to choose which ones to join, they will have no info on the credibility of the organisers since the score resets every month, based on this suggestion. As much as i know that this poll is just a informal guide for potential participants, still I believe the history of the organisers is relevant, just like whatever consumer products we choose to part our money with. And what other history this poll could provide with, is the accumulation of votes. Unless there are better ways to reflect that, i think resetting scores will defeat the purpose of this poll.

In that case, I would suggest that in every first post of the month's thread, there could hyperlink to the previous results as well as listing the top 3 organisers for each month. :think:

By doing so, not only provide a "historic" to guide(informal) the newbie and added credibility of the organisers. Personally I feel that it is a fairer polling system for most. Agree? ;)

Another way is to have 2 index,

A monthly that is reset end of each month,
(with link to 6mth historical chart will be excellent).
And another Accumulated score since join.

Fair enough but I think in that case, the moderators would have to make extra effort to do the historical chart. :think:

Fair enough but I think in that case, the moderators would have to make extra effort to do the historical chart. :think:

I guess the idea of having a monthly vote score is workable, as long as there is a accumulative chart as well. It could work like a league. But whatever suggestions there are, moderators are bound to have more work.

Maybe monthly is too frequent. How about quarterly or half-yearly?

How come on vote for the best?? We should look for improvement .. should we also consider to have a vote for the "worse"

I think these polls are heavily biased.
For a start it was created quite a long time ago, and could reflect the attendance of a popular photo shoot at the time.
Secondly, can you change your vote later on? I don't think so.
Did all the voters sample all slices of the pie before choosing which piece tasted the best? I think not.
Considering my first shoot will be this weekend, should I just vote for that organiser if i'm happy with how it went? It's leaves no comparison to all the other organisers in the poll, nor will it be a counted statistic should I go on someone elses shooting and like theirs more (since I cannot change my vote).
Those that have organised these shoots the longest probably started out with the most votes to begin with.

If you allowed/encouraged people to leave feedback in the shooting threads, people will have enough information to research and decide for themselves.

The poll is only as good and as accurate as the people who contribute to the poll.

I think this poll is very inaccurate (at this point) because it has not been maintained or updated. Many of the Shoot Organisers are no longer "operating" and may new ones are not in the poll list.

Maybe the mods would like to re-consider the original purpose of this thread and review if it is still necessary to keep this here.

I feel like the photoshoot sessions are biased to male photographer's interest by only from looking at the context of the photoshoot. furthermore, on behalf of other female members of this photographer's community website(I'm sure some feel the same way as me), i would like to express that it kinda get a bit untasteful after a while. As i imagine, these photo shoots are done in professional way ..

Willing buyer, willing seller
Distasteful? I waiting for you to organise better quality, tasteful photoshoots :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.