Feedback & Suggestions for Ganbatte Japan (Aftermath of 26/03 & 27/03)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A huge poster or banner will be good to have to grab people attend. I believe MR might has those banner oreadi? Can someone check with them then we can T-Loan? Save cost too.

I know where you guys are coming from and I am not adverse to it, if the xmm (even from the portrait and pose section) genuinely what to help I see no reason why we need to say no. As long a the dressing is not provocative and is appropriate ? After all I believe everybody has a good heart

May i offer my 2cents to this as well. I think Cosplayers and pets should be sufficient as the main crowd pullers. Not sure about getting models from the P&P section as this is a public event where anyone can come up to them to take a photo and the need to guarantee their safety from "weird people" is a concern if you know what i mean. Their dressing must be conservative and be sensitive about their style of approach in getting donors (especially towards couples/family units).

They can also organize a charity photoshoot (with permission from the mods of course) where part or all of the proceeds will go towards the fundraising activity too...

More idea is good. But the only think I see what's need to be done should be the number of volunteers coming info both days. First day turn out was good but when come to 2nd day with some VIPs help such as pets n Cosplay, think the manpower can't handle the surge of people.

Of course all idea is good idea that's why it's call brain storming. There is nothing so call stupid nor strange, it matter if u willing to share. But do think of multiple side of it.

Banner to catch the attentation of the crowded. I like that idea. We need to create awareness. Tell ppl we are here for a cause. That's will make our job much easier.

More idea is good. But the only think I see what's need to be done should be the number of volunteers coming info both days. First day turn out was good but when come to 2nd day with some VIPs help such as pets n Cosplay, think the manpower can't handle the surge of people.

Of course all idea is good idea that's why it's call brain storming. There is nothing so call stupid nor strange, it matter if u willing to share. But do think of multiple side of it.

Banner to catch the attentation of the crowded. I like that idea. We need to create awareness. Tell ppl we are here for a cause. That's will make our job much easier.

poster.com.sg offers those budget pull up posters. problem again would be cost. i think its also very unfair for chngpe and friends to keep forking out of their own pocket, cause they contributed alot already.

i agree that first day turnout was actually quite good. infact workflow was also quite smooth i think.

must also how to implement and how feasible i guess?

Last edited:
We can use stick on. Meaning print those words out big scale, then stick to the pull up. At least it can be reuse next time.

Hi Guys...

do remember to check out the big thank you note
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/874112-A-Big-Thank-You-(Ganbatte-Japan-26-03)

as Peterpan suggests from Never-never-land, lets keep ideas coming. We can always adapt them accordingly.
It would be great if you could champion your ideas (take charge of them) since as the originator, you will feel most strongly about it.
If you like to see through any ideas, you can pm me.

Peng Eik and I will go recce Orchard Central and then to Mercy Relief to count the collections. Will update again.

They can also organize a charity photoshoot (with permission from the mods of course) where part or all of the proceeds will go towards the fundraising activity too...

This is a great idea and if it happens, it has to be a SEPERATE event ....... please PM the ideas and suggestions......

Brother .. U miss out some numbers on my nick name lah ... its peterpan1975 .. hahaha .. not "peterpan" .. lol ..

Hi Guys...

do remember to check out the big thank you note
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/874112-A-Big-Thank-You-(Ganbatte-Japan-26-03)

as Peterpan suggests from Never-never-land, lets keep ideas coming. We can always adapt them accordingly.
It would be great if you could champion your ideas (take charge of them) since as the originator, you will feel most strongly about it.
If you like to see through any ideas, you can pm me.

Peng Eik and I will go recce Orchard Central and then to Mercy Relief to count the collections. Will update again.

I was having a chat with sebastian last night. I have a couple of lightsabers. I was suggesting that use it as a prop of some kind Prop to get some extra attention. Ortega's vader helmet will help too :).

one feedback I have... there should be more coordination on the ground. I did 2nd shift last Sunday at FEP... many times I was left alone soliciting for donation as the "camera crew" went to support "the other group". Since there was no camera crew I had to hang the donation tin (which was quite heavy) around my neck (I want to ensure that I dont lose the tin full of $$) and try hard to take a good photo using my p&s :-(

one feedback I have... there should be more coordination on the ground. I did 2nd shift last Sunday at FEP... many times I was left alone soliciting for donation as the "camera crew" went to support "the other group". Since there was no camera crew I had to hang the donation tin (which was quite heavy) around my neck (I want to ensure that I dont lose the tin full of $$) and try hard to take a good photo using my p&s :-(

Should request for backup! :)

Yes, one important note about the Tins.... take GOOD care of it and do not DROP it!

I think we also need one photographer at the printing station as the bigger donation tin is at the printing station.

Keep all suggestion coming .. but the most important fact was ... we need those extra hands and legs .. more ppl come down and support will be great ... :)

I think we also need one photographer at the printing station as the bigger donation tin is at the printing station.

ya i agree with john, coz i notice some ppl hang over there, i walk up to ask them to take pic, they agree right away.

should let chngpe01 know
he will send reinforcement over
or feel free to ask any camera crew we sure go over and help :)

should let chngpe01 know
he will send reinforcement over
or feel free to ask any camera crew we sure go over and help :)

I think they definitely will help... the issue is all "migrated to more popular area" all at one go...

No worries lah..I survived and if this happen again I will still survive. my goal is to help Mercy Relief to help the people in Japan... Ganbatte !

I wrote to a few of my friends in Japan to inform them of the work we've done and are doing. This is their immediate response this morning:

"Dear Lawrence san,
Thank you for let me know.
I have face book account, so I clicked "Good" to this group.

I'm also victims of this disaster,but there are more difficult/hard experience victims at Tohoku area.
So,I collected contributions to red cross japan.

Thank you for your all of Singapore peoples!
Gambaru! Nippon!

Thank you for your continual kind support.
Best regards,

Manabu Soyama"

"Dear Lawrence-san,

We are really encouraged!
Thank you!

Hideyuki"

"Dear Lawrence.

Hello.

Thank you for your message.

I am seeing it, and I am crying now by deep emotion

Please say hello and thank you for all of people of this action.

Ganbarou! Nippon.

Best regards

Kazuo Kiuchi"

One of them I know is in Ibaraki, felt the full brunt of the e-quake force - experiencing water shortage, power cut, etc after that.

If you have friends there, do let them know too... I think it helps - boosts their morale directly from the people they know outside of Japan.

Keep the good work up, folks - it really COUNTS!

Last edited:
Folks.... Those who set up the GANBATTE FACEBOOK... did you guy use the Vanity URL option so you can shorten it to a proper name that makes it easier to give out the URL instead of the long code. You have to only have 25 fans and you can set that up..right now you have hundreds of fans heheh you have more then enough to qualify to create a vanity name. Example: www.facebook.com/ganbattejapan well depending on what is still available for you to choose.

thanks bro! on my way to doing it:)

Status
Not open for further replies.