feedback on lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdnoorhakim

Mar 26, 2008
hey people,

im planning to buy the 55-200mm VR nikorr lens.
i need ur sincere feedback on this lens and what its mainly used for or good for?
i mainly shoot for street and candid photos.
is this good enough for me? or should i buy another lens?
my budget is $400.

thank you people.

55-200 is abit too long for street and candid....esp if u are using DSLR with crop factor.

u'll probably need something that can react fast, hold in one hand and fire off, sometimes even without proper 'aiming'...

how abt 18-135 or 18-70?

i bought a 18-135 for $400+, which is really good up till about 105mm or so, beyond that, slightly soft but usable.

if u shoot alot at night/indoors, u need something wif f/2.8 then maybe u need a tamron or tokina to fit ur budget...

get 18-200 for flexibility, but tat costed me $1200.

And i am planning to get 18-50mm f2.8 (throughout) and 50 or 85mm f1.8

get 18-200 for flexibility, but tat costed me $1200.

And i am planning to get 18-50mm f2.8 (throughout) and 50 or 85mm f1.8

you're seriously inflected with the BBB virus...

TS, you can pick up a 55-200mm for 350 2ns hand at the b&s section.

if you plan to buy the 55-200mm VR ONLY..then I suggest you don't get it for candid and street. Unless you already have a 17-50mm range lens or equiv with you right now.

I wonder what is your current setup?

if you plan to buy the 55-200mm VR ONLY..then I suggest you don't get it for candid and street. Unless you already have a 17-50mm range lens or equiv with you right now.

I wonder what is your current setup?

hey senray,
i only have a d50, 18-55mm and 50mm f/1.8.
ive read the reviews of the 55-200mm and most of the reviews are quite satisfactory for me and the price is quite affordable.
the 17-50mm lens is way out of my league in terms of $$.
any help?

actually..just adding the 55-200mm would be enough to satisfy your current requirements. Now that you will be having a range of 18-200mm.. it's enough reach for any street and travel photography. just look at my setup below! hahah..the same lor! except diff body and one diff lens.

actually..just adding the 55-200mm would be enough to satisfy your current requirements. Now that you will be having a range of 18-200mm.. it's enough reach for any street and travel photography. just look at my setup below! hahah..the same lor! except diff body and one diff lens.

haha thanks. i think ill have to test out the 55-200mm lens first before buying. and thanks for the advice. maybe i should save up $$$ to have the same setup as you. :bsmilie:
and great photos on ur blog.:D

do you really need the range? I would advise to sell off the 18-55 and get a 17-50/2.8 to start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.