Favourite lens

Favourite lens will be Nikon 70-200mm V2...bokeh superb...

70-200F4L...why? Because its the only canon L lens I can afford. :bsmilie:

I love my Tamron SP 28-105mm f2.8. Very good IQ, versatile, built/looks like a tank and is extremely rare. A close second is my Sony 50mm f1.4.:)

can i pick more then one? ;p

canon 35mm f1.4 + 135mm f2 but if u ask me pick on, definitely the 35

used to like my 17-40mm f4 but after upgraded to FF, find this lens very mediocre...

18-55mm and 55-200mm kit lenses.

Why? They are the only lenses I have and I won't leave home without them. :bsmilie:

on my EOS FF, I love my Zeiss ZE Planar T* 50mm f1.4 as well as Summicron R 50mm F2... :cool:

i haven tried the ZE version but the contax version fares quite well on my FF too. :)

contax version is well worth the money! ZE is overpriced IMO...

Varies from time to time.

Was the
Tamron 28-75/2.8 for its cost and performance
move to the
FA35/2 for its flexible focal length, and absolute resolution
then
Revuenon 55/1.2 for is 'magical' wide open shots
Now probably
FA43/1.9 Ltd a good balance of focal length and ability to give good subject isolation and very good resolving power.

Then again, between three 85mm lens I have, I often go for a humble M85/2 for the small size and performance. So I think its my 'real' favorite :)

for me it's the tammy 28-75

hey, i ve been looking around for that lens. how does it fare? decent enough at 105mm?

i've just return from my HK trip, you can find that lens in mongkok area that sell 2nd hand camera stuff, infact i found quite some shops selling this one for the average price of HKD3100, originally i plan to get this one instead of the 28-75(coz of the extra reach and the same apature and not so diff price :D) but the 3 copies that i tried(at different shops) turns out to be a bit soft wideopen(looks like my old sigma 24-70 picture) to my likings so i just get the tamy 28-75 and very happy with it, hope this helps

hey, i ve been looking around for that lens. how does it fare? decent enough at 105mm?

willdoang is right. 28-75mm beats it in the sharpness department--but the softness is very manageable and of course, it gets sharper stopped down. It's actually not really noticeable until you compare it to 28-75mm. What I like about the lens is it's toughly built, very fast, the zoom range is perfect, the colors are fantastic, and I'm one of the special few who has it.:cool: Downsides are prominent CA (but disappears when stopped down), it's ridiculously big and it takes 82mm filters so you have to shell out a bit more for those.:cry:

Last edited:
for me it's the tammy 28-75

i've just return from my HK trip, you can find that lens in mongkok area that sell 2nd hand camera stuff, infact i found quite some shops selling this one for the average price of HKD3100, originally i plan to get this one instead of the 28-75(coz of the extra reach and the same apature and not so diff price :D) but the 3 copies that i tried(at different shops) turns out to be a bit soft wideopen(looks like my old sigma 24-70 picture) to my likings so i just get the tamy 28-75 and very happy with it, hope this helps

willdoang is right. 28-75mm beats it in the sharpness department--but the softness is very manageable and of course, it gets sharper stopped down. It's actually not really noticeable until you compare it to 28-75mm. What I like about the lens is it's toughly built, very fast, the zoom range is perfect, the colors are fantastic, and I'm one of the special few who has it.:cool: Downsides are prominent CA (but disappears when stopped down), it's ridiculously big and it takes 82mm filters so you have to shell out a bit more for those.:cry:

Thnx for the response guys. i like using the not-so-common lenses and was thinking of giving this one a try but wasnt so sure about IQ. my third party lenses are all from tokina/vivitar and my only experience with tamron is the 17-50 BIM non vc which i have since sold. that was a pretty nice one, but the output just didnt appeal to me(contrast, rendition & slow af)..
i ll keep a look out for it and maybe grab one for fun if i can find it cheap. if not i might just get the 28-75 when i finally go fullframe. heard alot of good stuff about tt.

Last edited:
VOIGTLANDER Nokton 25mm f/0.95 lens :bigeyes: I am waiting...

VOIGTLANDER Nokton 25mm f/0.95 lens :bigeyes: I am waiting...

That will be one difficult lens to use with the thin dof! :bigeyes:

Depending on my shooting genre.

Marco will definitely be my EF 100mm f/2.8 USM macro non-L (My most used and abused lens :sweatsm:)
Walkabout used to be EFS 18-200 f/3.5 - 5.6 but now it is my Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 :D (Survived low temps in a snow mountain though it is not weather sealed.)
Portraits will be my Ziess 50mm f/1.4 Plannar T* (love it wide open @ 1.4)