Fast cars, fast women, and a fast lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

r52lanc

Feb 12, 2004
Bukit Timah
www.pbase.com
As noted many times, lighting at Singapore Expo made photography at Dreamcars Asia 2004 very difficult. I went on Friday with my Canon 10D and Canon 24-70 f2.8L zoom lens. Many of shots were dark and blurry even with a Speedlite 550 as a fill flash. I tried to stay at iso400 or better.

Not to be conquered by the demons of photogaphy, I went back on Sunday with a Canon 50mm f1.4 lens. This lens is often ignored. It has an 8-blade aperture (the 50mm f1.8 has a 5-blade aperture). Okay, I missed the zoom but the fast 50mm prime lens made short work of the bad light. On Sunday, 23 year-old Shiho Asaoka was at her best...delighting the crowd with her trademark facial expressions. (No blur applied to the models).

Gallery here

30776099.jpg

30793616.jpg

Nice, some realy nice pose n composition :thumbsup:

I like your car shots too ... u ps out alot of the spot lights yeh ?

Nice, some realy nice pose n composition

I like your car shots too ... u ps out alot of the spot lights yeh ?

Yes, I cloned out a few spot lights. Just too many :(!

I personally like the nice colour balance, composition and the skin tone. :)

Very well exposed. :D Think its time to get a good lens. U really made my day, lenses really make the diff between a good well-exposed shot and an underexposed one.

Big smile for a big lens

The Race Queens really put on show if you had a big camera. Mostly ignored the phone cameras and small digicams. They are looking for exposure :bsmilie:!

I had my Canon 10D all loaded up (flash, powerpack, etc.) ... musta looked like a geek. Ran into a few Clubsnappers on both Friday and Sunday.

they are trained to handle this...hha....they take breaks every 30-45 mins...and rest for 10 mins i tink....

Status
Not open for further replies.