False information from Shoot Organiser, alinkinyourlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to post in regards of the recent comments made by CS members. I appreciate and have read through the comments and would like to clarify 3 things.

1. Regarding the last post in Babe Watch 4 where we thank all participants for the successful shoot, I believe that you have misinterpreted and did not clarify first regarding the time of that post. It was posted when we had full house for the shoot on Friday night and therefore I thank all photographers for making this shoot a success. It was NOT posted after shoot was cancelled. With all due respect, why would I post so boldly over CS knowing that the photographers who've signed up could view? I wish to clarify with everyone that it was posted on Friday night before the shoot when we had full house and NOT after the shoot was cancelled or as Azul123 states me shooting myself in the foot.

2. As my previous explanation over the cancellation of the shoot, I have taken sole responsibility for my actions regarding Babe Watch 4. If you have read carefully, I did not blame models for not turning up but instead I was stating the facts of what actually happened that day. I would gain nothing by blaming the models because what's done is done and I have admitted that it was my inexperience as an organizer that led to this discussion.

3. Lastly, I believe that what hurts most was the number of accusing fingers pointing in my direction. I have admitted it was my fault and vow to make up for it. It is true though that I should have informed the photographers the truth about the models not turning up. If I did not have the heart to organize shoots, I would not have spent time smsing photographers just to confirm they would be attending the shoot at 1am on a Saturday morning nor would I have secured a backup model just in case 1 model did not turn up. I have organized many theme-shoots and there were times where the number of photographers were just nice to cover the cost of models and there were times where I made a loss due to insufficient photographers which I believe previous snappers who attended my shoot will vouch for it. This is the first time I made a mistake and I feel sad that some of you still feel that I have not done my best. I gave my best for every theme-shoot and with the recent flaming, I am somewhat disappointed that no matter what good I've done, people will only remember the bad.

I thank JayKay, Alan, MikeElliot and a few Club Snappers for being understanding regarding this matter.

dude... take it from some of us ... wearing an 'organiser' title comes greater responsibilities

simply bcos, members have given you $$$$ and there will be expectations naturally.

learn from this... you were obviously exercising the wrong decisions and what you eventually came out with was definitely not acceptable.

welcome to the world of ORGANISER ... it is NEVER as easy as it seems

I would like to post in regards of the recent comments made by CS members. I appreciate and have read through the comments and would like to clarify 3 things.

1. Regarding the last post in Babe Watch 4 where we thank all participants for the successful shoot, I believe that you have misinterpreted and did not clarify first regarding the time of that post. It was posted when we had full house for the shoot on Friday night and therefore I thank all photographers for making this shoot a success. It was NOT posted after shoot was cancelled. With all due respect, why would I post so boldly over CS knowing that the photographers who've signed up could view? I wish to clarify with everyone that it was posted on Friday night before the shoot when we had full house and NOT after the shoot was cancelled or as Azul123 states me shooting myself in the foot.

I quoted what I read as posted, if that is not exactly what happened, my apologies for that.

2. As my previous explanation over the cancellation of the shoot, I have taken sole responsibility for my actions regarding Babe Watch 4. If you have read carefully, I did not blame models for not turning up but instead I was stating the facts of what actually happened that day. I would gain nothing by blaming the models because what's done is done and I have admitted that it was my inexperience as an organizer that led to this discussion.
But you did ask your assistant to indicate shoot was cancelled because some photographers pulled out right? that is a BIG no no.. not just for organising but for anything that you work on, some tips for you for future events etc... when you get accolades for good orgainising accept it by thanking others who had in hand in helping so that others working with you feel appreciated, but when you did something wrong always be upfront with everyone involved, this is how good character is developed.

3. Lastly, I believe that what hurts most was the number of accusing fingers pointing in my direction. I have admitted it was my fault and vow to make up for it. It is true though that I should have informed the photographers the truth about the models not turning up. If I did not have the heart to organize shoots, I would not have spent time smsing photographers just to confirm they would be attending the shoot at 1am on a Saturday morning nor would I have secured a backup model just in case 1 model did not turn up. I have organized many theme-shoots and there were times where the number of photographers were just nice to cover the cost of models and there were times where I made a loss due to insufficient photographers which I believe previous snappers who attended my shoot will vouch for it. This is the first time I made a mistake and I feel sad that some of you still feel that I have not done my best. I gave my best for every theme-shoot and with the recent flaming, I am somewhat disappointed that no matter what good I've done, people will only remember the bad.
You have to accept it, it is just like you are in a restaurant and suddenly a waiter spill curry on your white shirt... waiter says sorry sorry but the shirt is ruined.

Lesson here is always be upfront with everyone no matter how bad the situation is.

../azul123

First of all, I would like to apologize to the following CS photographers for the recent cancellation of Babe Watch 4 scheduled for 28th March 09:

- MikeElliot
- JayKay
- Alankpy
- Astin
- Final23bong
- wtjong79
- newnikon
- Razoray
- Alvin

To avoid further queries or flaming, I shall write to you here in detail what exactly happened that caused this unhappiness and negative feedback.

On Friday, 22nd March 09, I received sufficient support from photographers listed above to get the shoot going and therefore thank all photographers in the thread for the full house. I sms-ed to the photographers informing of the shoot at midnight as I wanted to ensure that everything goes well and that there were no last min pull-outs. Thankfully, no photographers gave me any issue.

On Thursday, 21st March 09, I called the models, Felicia and Debbie to inform them that the shoot will proceed on Saturday. I even called them on Friday night to confirm their attendance with the shoot and both told me that they would be able to make it. I even called in another model, Willynn to be the back-up in case 1 did not turn up.

It was only close to 8am on a Saturday morning of Babe Watch 4 when I received an sms from both of them stating that they would not be able to make it. Reasons:
Debbie: "I won't be able to make it as I have a bad sorethroat."
Felicia: "Sorry but I won't be able to make it as I have a fever."
"Conformed this statment as per our conversation."

Now I believe that these were excuses and called to demand them to turn up but none picked up the phone after repeated calls. I tried getting another replacement model but to no avail which is why I told my assistant Chervin to sms everyone stating that shoot did not proceed due to pull-outs by photographers. I will admit that this was a mistake on my part as I should have informed everyone that it was due to the absence of models. I have always been a person protective of my colleague and also models. This was the first time I work with Felicia and Debbie and by protecting them, I have neglected the feelings of the photographers who were already on the way to Tanjong Beach at Sentosa.

I have learnt from my lesson and sincerely apologize to all photographers who supported me in this shoot and causing you unhappiness was never my intention at all. This was the first and also the most unfortunate incident that has happened since I started organizing shoots. I am in no way sub-contracting you to other organizers nor playing you out. I can only hope that with this explanation, in time you will forgive. Do let me know if you are not satisfied with my explanation and I will try to make it up to you somehow. Thank you.

"Yes, I accept your apology. Thanks for explaining."

I thank JayKay, Alan, MikeElliot and a few Club Snappers for being understanding regarding this matter.

Appreciated yr efforts for explaining. I believe u have the potiential to excel. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.