F31fd pics samples

Status
Not open for further replies.
kcloh5vh6.jpg

at first when u said PNS i tot u meant hand held..

not right? considering u used a shutter speed of 2s?

hhahaha. resting the camera on the window ledge lar... just point-n-shoot mah... just want to show the quality of the cam... =)

hhahaha. resting the camera on the window ledge lar... just point-n-shoot mah... just want to show the quality of the cam... =)

yes. that is what this thread is for, to showcase and highlight the prowess of this little compact camera.

thanks for sharing!:thumbsup:

that was w/o flash i presume?

yes, without flash. But I forgotten what's the ISO & other settings though, it's either ISO800 or ISO1600. After i used the trial copy of NeatImage, the exif is removed.

how do i choose to focus on say the red figurine only?

i used macro mode in the above pic

to achieve an off-centered point of focus, u can employ a simple method. firstly, focus on e red figurine n latterly shift ur focusing frame to encompass e entire picture. another method would be to frame e shot as it is, and shift ur focusing frame to e red figurine by using e 'area' focusing mode on ur camera.

hope this helps in one way or another. =]

mini-DSCF0126.JPG

Taken in Buddha Tooth Relic Temple. ISO 1600, no flash, hand-held.:)

vey clean for ISO1600. have you applied any PP on the noise? I don't know why mine at ISO1600 is noisy with "stripes" running across.:dunno:

to achieve an off-centered point of focus, u can employ a simple method. firstly, focus on e red figurine n latterly shift ur focusing frame to encompass e entire picture. another method would be to frame e shot as it is, and shift ur focusing frame to e red figurine by using e 'area' focusing mode on ur camera.

hope this helps in one way or another. =]

Hi, can I ask, so which mode do we use? Manual, A/S or auto mode achieve that effect? Been trying to achieve the effect of only focusing the front subject and blur the subject's back but isn't quite what I like. It seems flash option is mandatory, cannot shoot w/o flash for this type of shots on dim occasions, is that true?

I am not sure if I am off-track a little here.

Thanks.

most preferably on e manual or a/s modes in macro focus. n also, to use e lowest f-stop number (larger aperture) for a shallow depth of field to be achieved. n lastly, to get up close to ur subject as much as possible so as to reduce e focal distance. flash isnt a requirement.. for shooting under low lightings, u may wanna use a higher iso or a longer shutter speed with e camera mounted on a tripod to reduce motion blur.

reaching sky... taken from Muar, Johor. very nice blue sky but the weather very hot
DSCF1937_PP_640.jpg

ISO equiv: 100
Exposure Bias: -1.00

a playful boy another type of macro
DSCF1839_PP_640.jpg

ISO equiv: 1600

This camera never fails to amaze me!!!! Hope to get a F31fd before the GST hike.:bsmilie:

reaching sky... taken from Muar, Johor. very nice blue sky but the weather very hot
DSCF1937_PP_640.jpg

ISO equiv: 100
Exposure Bias: -1.00
Nice unique sights that can be found mostly in the southern states:)

Status
Not open for further replies.