F30 wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PIGGYPaul said:
Hi everyone, is F30 selling for 490 comes with 512 and case worth it?

Does it come with warranty? May I know the shop name or contact number?
Thanks.

Looking at the F30 review, it looks like a perfect companion for my casio Z750, which takes really gorgeous pictures outdoors but lousy indoor/dimlight shots! With these 2 cameras, I'll be able to cover almost all situations :p

Let me contribute one..

ISO 1600 1/4sec F/6.4 unedited except for resize
F30_01.jpg

Noise, while apparent in the semi-dark areas, are still manageable. No filter was used, the cross-screen effect apparently seems to be naturally induced when stopped down.

Minimalis said:
Let me contribute one..

ISO 1600 1/4sec F/6.4 unedited except for resize
F30_01.jpg

Noise, while apparent in the semi-dark areas, are still manageable. No filter was used, the cross-screen effect apparently seems to be naturally induced when stopped down.

Handheld? :thumbsup:

Minimalis said:
No filter was used, the cross-screen effect apparently seems to be naturally induced when stopped down.
stopped down to how much?

i see it's only a f 6.4?

build in star 6 effect? :bsmilie:
nice.. :thumbsup:

sane said:
Looking at the F30 review, it looks like a perfect companion for my casio Z750, which takes really gorgeous pictures outdoors but lousy indoor/dimlight shots! With these 2 cameras, I'll be able to cover almost all situations :p

In fact you can sell the Z750. What can it do outdoors that the F30 can't?

Wat's the current price of the f30?
Getting it for my daughter so that she will not come and play with mine.

weekh said:
Wat's the current price of the f30?
Getting it for my daughter so that she will not come and play with mine.

Between $590 and $599 with 1GB H-type card, leather case and mini tripod.

001.jpg

Just have the cam and yes the noise level is indeed very good.

002.jpg

For some pics, the skin tone don't really looks right... it is kind of too smooth... too digital like...

And the interface to control aperture, exposure compensation left a lot to be desired.

003.jpg

Tried the Chrome and colour is too saturated for normal shots... but will be good for other occassions to bump up the colour...

Will be a good cam for those who do not like noise and wanna shoot in low light.

Still prefer the LX1. Noisy it may be but the picture looks more natural and film like. And the user interface and ability to shoot RAW makes the LX1 rocks!

Finally! A review of the F30 by an LX1 user. If you did the same post-processing for these pics as you do for your LX1 pics, then there really is a big difference between the two cams.

Just wondering, do you usually use flash for your LX1 pics?

I don't have the same conclusion. But then I don't usually shoot people.
The LX1 is only good at ISO100 because of the lens and even then it could be quite noisy if the dynamic range is too wide.
I quite like the Chrome mode as it give a resemblance of slide colours... a bit exaggerated and unreal but esthetically very attractive. I have not come across another camera (and I have used many, many digicams) that could output such colours straight from the camera in that way.

Just bought one today for my dad from MSColor @ $599, the package was mentioned somewhere in this thread I believe. Not much of a difference compared to the F10/F11 which I happen to have played with for quite some time as they belong to my relatives. The elimination of the external thingy which you need to use to charge/USB is defintely a plus but I find the plastic hinge cover thingy a bit too stiff.

On a totally different matter, does anyone know where to get a screen protector this this?

n0d3 said:
Just bought one today for my dad from MSColor @ $599, the package was mentioned somewhere in this thread I believe. Not much of a difference compared to the F10/F11 which I happen to have played with for quite some time as they belong to my relatives. The elimination of the external thingy which you need to use to charge/USB is defintely a plus but I find the plastic hinge cover thingy a bit too stiff.

On a totally different matter, does anyone know where to get a screen protector this this?

MScolor is supposed to supply the screen protector with the $599 package.

I guess we will know tml.:) But I think the price wun be much cheaper as this camera is still very "hot"..

Isaiahfortythirtyone said:
anyone knows if there is any pc show bargain now/?

Hi n0d3, what did you get for your $599 package? Did you bargain? I bought the screen protector from MS color for $5.

I saw an advert by fuijifilm on ST on tuesday. They are offering freebies 1 1GB xD card, 1 mini-tripod and 1 case. But the price is not stated on the advert though. The promotion is from 28 Aug to 20 Sep or something close.

Status
Not open for further replies.