F30 is from China. Confirmed by SG Fujifilm!

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha.. anyway guys .. u can turn back time . just have to live with it since now almost 80% of all consumer items are made/assembled in china ... even if you go japan to buy it.. u'll be surprised that some things there are also made in china ....

just a little side track abt china's growing manufacturing scene... they can afford to have a whole factory of ppl with "perfect eyesight"... that really shows the labour muscle they possess .. plus low cost .. so which company dun want to set up manufacturing plant there...

It does not matter m.i.c or m.i.j, as long as the camera work alright then I have no complain. But during the warranty period, there is is any problem, at most send for servicing. If suay suay after warranty it break down (Sony product is a very good example)... maybe time to get a new model (punt intend ;))...

Let have faith in m.i.c product.:)

Even if you want to get it from japan, it might not cover you international warranty (I am not sure). Also the menu might be all in japanese. Not to mention price,

undiscern said:
I wrote to Fujifilm singapore and they said F30 is indeed made in china. so no NIHON made F30...at least not in Singapore. Maybe those in Japan are still made in Japan for their own people.

Some may ask whats the fuss about Japan made F30. QUALITY! IT IS A FACT tha japan made product has better quality than those made in china, malaysia, korea etc.
Data please....looks like another urban legend....

Do you know that you could have a 90% assembled subassembly made in china and then last parts assembled in Japan and labelled made in japan?

Nowadays...made in where...is not a matter anymore. Lets not worry about made in where....
lets worry about where to shoot...;)

It is true that the parts are made in japan and then assembled in china. While I do prefer made in japan products, I have to admit that most of the time such products spoil are due to parts like the CCD or lens, which are, sad to say, made in japan.

But bo bian lah, maybe, just maybe, if they really did make their CCDs or lenses in China, the quality might be even worse. So let's all just look at the bright side of things and hope the cameras will function well for a long, long time and enjoy the camera while it lasts!

Hi, not flaming but just to share info.

My friend took my advise to buy F30 in China while she was in Beijing in early June. Her F30 is made in Japan. I have asked her to double check (as I have not seend her F30). :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.