F30/FinePixViewer software

Status
Not open for further replies.

cse1000

Dec 27, 2005
Just bought a F30 recently.

According to the manual, it is a "must" to install the FinePixViewer software before connecting the camera to the PC (even indicated on the USB cable supplied). Is is really a must? Can't the camera be treated as another storage device in the PC.

With my old Olympus, I can connect it to the PC without any s/w installation, just appeared as a storage device in the PC.

Thanks.

You don't have to install it to download your pictures. I haven't had time to install the software but I managed to download my photos with no hassle.

I think if u install the Finepixviewer software it provides u additional things, eg it auto download the new photos only, u can view EXIF data, what sence mode u shoot, make some photos editing and resizing, etc.

swiftdragon said:
You don't have to install it to download your pictures. I haven't had time to install the software but I managed to download my photos with no hassle.

do u download the files from the XD card by connecting the camera directly to your computer? Or via a card reader? Heard many people got problem downloading and deleting the files via a card reader.

weekh said:
do u download the files from the XD card by connecting the camera directly to your computer? Or via a card reader? Heard many people got problem downloading and deleting the files via a card reader.
I am using card reader and have never encountered any problems before.

weekh said:
I have always downloaded via a card reader and have never encountered any problems. I don't delete files via the card reader though and always did that from the camera. As long as you don't try to modify and upload files back to the xD (or any other card format), there should not be any problem uploading files via a card reader.

i downloaded it via the camera & USB connection.. MY cardreader does not support xD card.

Status
Not open for further replies.