f1 - what lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pineapplet

Mar 27, 2008
managed to win 2 f1 tickets (bay grandstand)... some singtel thing.

any advice on what lens i should bring? i'm just starting out with my first slr, a350. have 3 lenses... the 18-70 kit lens, a sigma 10-20, and sony 50mm. I was thinking either of the first two. Any suggestions? Are all my lenses not suitable? (anyways, stated in website cannot bring 300 or more). Or bring all? :dunno:

thanks all!

i also not so sure.
but if i were you, i will bring a standard zoom and a tele zoom. 24-70 and 70-200.
with f2.8 allow. would suggest you to buy a 70-200mm. if you have enough to spend buy the sony Gs. if not, you can consider tamron's new 70-200mm which is much more cheaper.;)
and ya, bring your 18-70 along, it will help up.

lucky you! to win those tickets......:angry: :bsmilie:

managed to win 2 f1 tickets (bay grandstand)... some singtel thing.

any advice on what lens i should bring? i'm just starting out with my first slr, a350. have 3 lenses... the 18-70 kit lens, a sigma 10-20, and sony 50mm. I was thinking either of the first two. Any suggestions? Are all my lenses not suitable? (anyways, stated in website cannot bring 300 or more). Or bring all? :dunno:

thanks all!

You will only be able to capture wide angle shots. No telephotos sadly with your lenses.

Thnks guys. Yes i seriously need something bigger... but spent my last 'allowance' for such things on the 50mm (which is quite fun lah...). minister of finance will not allow any more spending.. :( 18-70 it is then... maybe will bring along the wide angle as i believe the tickets let me walk around.. can take some cityscapes. i sure hope the grounds are really well-lit (they said they would for the world's first nite race!) because no tripod allowed.

There was a post earlier in the Nikon sub-forum that dealt with the question of restriction of lenses.

Something like anything longer than 300mm will not be admitted.:dunno:

Professional equipment not allowed.

Suggest you check the F1 web information before you do anything resembling being professional.:sweat:

Good luck.

Me? I won't even watch it on TV. A good sci fi or nature documentary anytime.

Thnks guys. Yes i seriously need something bigger... but spent my last 'allowance' for such things on the 50mm (which is quite fun lah...). minister of finance will not allow any more spending.. :( 18-70 it is then... maybe will bring along the wide angle as i believe the tickets let me walk around.. can take some cityscapes. i sure hope the grounds are really well-lit (they said they would for the world's first nite race!) because no tripod allowed.

Why not try renting/borrowing a 300mm lens from one of the fellow Alpha shooters? There's a pretty good group in the Sony section.

There was a post earlier in the Nikon sub-forum that dealt with the question of restriction of lenses.

Something like anything longer than 300mm will not be admitted.:dunno:

Professional equipment not allowed.

Suggest you check the F1 web information before you do anything resembling being professional.:sweat:

Good luck.

Me? I won't even watch it on TV. A good sci fi or nature documentary anytime.

He doesn't need to worry abit about the restrictions. He doesn't even have a lens longer than 100mm... :dunno:

My suggestion? Just go and enjoy the race :)

Iam not too sure about photography over at the F1 man.
They are erecting those darn tall barriers fencing all over the track.
With the cars so low in height dont think anyone can get a clear shot.
Not too sure about the bay side though.

Any advice on getting around this?
Will be at turn 1 for the 3days.

juz got an email that they have lifted the restriction on lens focal lengths..so those rich ones can bring along their 400 or 500mm lenses.. haha....

yeah, i hv a walkabout, and have a bad feeling abt the view we might have wif the fences...nvm wat, got 2 days before the actual race to recce.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.