Eye One Display 2 + iMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi wesley,

Thank you for the suggestion mate. Granted that I am now living together with my in-laws and working space seems scarce, I might have to put that on hold. I will try your suggestion when I get my own place. Cheers mate!

Note to self: Don't look for the truth if you can't handle it. Ignorance is a bliss.
am having this similar prob too.
the brightness level of the monitor is really off the charts. what i did was to connect a small LCD by the side via the mini-dvi port.

on the external screen, pics that look bright and nice on the iMac came off as very underexposed on the external. so i have to adjust from there. double work.... :sweat:

probably will try this tonite
http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=4455711

Is there anyone using this setup?

I would like to purchase an iMac and it comes with ATI Radeon GFX card. I have problems using spyder calibrators on ATI radeon cards, very frustrating due to its conflicting issues.

Does Eye Display 2 have conflict issues with ATI Radeon GFX cards? :confused:

Been using i1D2 for a while for my MBP and iMac. So far, I think it works great. Have tried on white version of iMac (both 20" and 24") and works great as well as MBP.

Have yet see how i1D2 works on the Alu iMac, been quite skeptical with the glossy screen of the new iMac, would much prefer older non-glossy screen iMac with new Alu spec.

Regards,

Hart

am having this similar prob too.
the brightness level of the monitor is really off the charts. what i did was to connect a small LCD by the side via the mini-dvi port.

on the external screen, pics that look bright and nice on the iMac came off as very underexposed on the external. so i have to adjust from there. double work.... :sweat:

probably will try this tonite
http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=4455711
I tried using Shades however there was this slight blueish tint on my monitor which irks me a lot but still it was worth a try. Now I am seriously thinking of getting a new table to put my Viewsonic LCD in my already cramped room.

Hi Visuals

Apologies for the late reply, I found no means of checking the brightness of the screen in cdm via the spyder 3 program. Color accuracy wise, its quite accurate when i put up a color bar test screen and a white to black gamma test screen after calibration. I wasn't able to differentiate the last 3 white and black shades before.

SW

I think you can set the target white luminance level. I haven't played much with the advanced options yet.. Have been using the Assistant mode only.

Hi Visuals

Apologies for the late reply, I found no means of checking the brightness of the screen in cdm via the spyder 3 program. Color accuracy wise, its quite accurate when i put up a color bar test screen and a white to black gamma test screen after calibration. I wasn't able to differentiate the last 3 white and black shades before.

SW

No problem brother, I too have been very busy recently, and as you can see, I am also replying quite late. According to Andrew R., he suspects that it is the glass panel which may have caused difficulties with calibration. Thank you for replying, and have a nice weekend. :)

Just tried using Shades....works like a charm! Thanks for the tip. Now I dun ve to use sunglasses while using my iMac...kekeke

Status
Not open for further replies.