Eye e City - A Visual Account of the Last 24 Hours of 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought its ONLY IN 3MP... so i set my 6mp cam to 3mp... damn... anyway... i only managed to take 3 pics... cos i was doing volunteering drive around... can't take my cam out while driving rite... in the end... did not submit...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
i thought its ONLY IN 3MP... so i set my 6mp cam to 3mp... damn... anyway... i only managed to take 3 pics... cos i was doing volunteering drive around... can't take my cam out while driving rite... in the end... did not submit...

Err friend that sounds like an excuse - I drive on the 31st I drive and shoot at traffic lights, at where traffic stops. Actually you can drive and shoot but you need to be very careful and have a good understand about traffic flow and what you camera would be seeing. I work too on the 31st which at best I have only from after 2pm till time to pick up wife and daughter in this years case 2 hours. Its not impossible to find time to shoot - it just seems that way. What is more difficult is find the mood to shoot - some times its difficult to swith mind frames from problems at work, in your life to just shooting frame.

My suggestion is that even if its 1 pic to submit. It is a participation thing and not a volume thing. Last year there was a poly student that took 1 picture was knocked down after that by a car died and some how her roll got handed back to organisers. It was selected. 2 things to note - one becareful when shooting - do submit it in.

One thing I like about this event is there is no certainty - shooot the most creative shoot you can imagine and it still might not go in because it has not meaning in relation to the event. Shoot the technically hedious pic but it has the relevence and it's in.

point noted... guess i think too much about composing the shot that i find my shot not worthy to be submitted...

anyway my 'excuse' would be i am driving a van to bring donated items around, which i am not familiar with... (cos driving a auto car everyday...)

Cheers! hope some of your pictures get selected... :D

Well I not sure about that - the numbers being accepted since year 1 of this event has been dropping in my selected submission. Let's see how it works out.

yes, a lomo lca camera.
another camera was used for the b/w film given by the organiser and i have submitted that roll of film.

Can anybody advice me how to contact the organizer? I need to postpone my selection date from saturday to sunday.

Urgent. Thanks.

denniskee said:
Can anybody advice me how to contact the organizer? I need to postpone my selection date from saturday to sunday.

Urgent. Thanks.

Venue: Bras Basah Complex Foyer outside Cheer Store, Level 1
Date: 29th & 30th January 2005
Time: 10am - 5pm

Yours,
Cell. Tono
Eye e City 2004
| 9765 4322 | 6849 5346 |*

thanks guys, guess I will go on sunday since I have no idea when can I finish the trial shoot over @ orchard.

Ben1223 said:
Any news or updates on this? It's been six months.

the publication should be out only in the 3rd quarter of the year, so the organising team will probably only contact the participants around july or august, this has been the case for the previous 2 years. it's quite a tough job for the organising team i believe with so many pictures to go through and all the editing, plus organising the exhibition etc. ... all on voluntary basis. let's have some patience :)

Post this infomation on behalf of my friend Chong Leong.

Dear Participants of Eye ¨¨ City 2004,

You must be wondering why you have not heard any news from us, the organizer of the Eye ¨¨ City, till now. We are aware that you must be anxious about the results and follow-ups on this event. Let me update the progress to you.

1 Selection of 100 Photographs
The selection was completed in February 2005. The selection panel consisted of professionals from industries, which included the media, community service, art management, art research and also photography. We will announce the results only during the exhibition and book launch. We will also acknowledge the selection panel in the photo book.

2 Funding
We have tried to source funds from previous sponsors and other potential sponsors. So far only National Arts Council and Hong Leong Foundation responded positively. We are still actively looking for sponsors to and funding for production of photo book and the exhibition.

3 Exhibition
The location of new National Library premises are at the centre of the town and it will be a very favorable location if we could use the premises to exhibit our selected final 100 photos. We therefore target to have the exhibition there. We have established contacts with the National Library Board and the officers are very supportive of our project. However, as you should know, the new National Library premises will be open only on the 3rd quarter of this year. Therefore, the earliest date of exhibition will be by then. Discussions with the officers are in still in progress.

4 Book Launch
The Eye ¨¨ City 2004 photo book will be launched during the exhibition. Participants, whose photographs are selected, will receive a complimentary copy of the photo book. The film negatives and CD-Rom containing submitted photographs would be returned to all participants after the exhibition.

5 Conclusion
We will announce the actual date of book launch and exhibition when things are finalized. The estimated exhibition date will be around September to October 2005. Kindly also spread the news to your friends who had participated in the event.

Sorry for the long wait. I ensure you that the exhibition and book is worth waiting.

Do take care.

Your sincerely.
Ang Chong Leong
Curator, Eye ¨¨ City 2004
for New Nomadic Eyes Collective

Status
Not open for further replies.