Eye E City 08

Status
Not open for further replies.
alamak, i also missed it.:angry:

Hi Guys

Thanks to all those who have offer to lend us their helping hands + laptop.

Also, come come dont shy, join this event, who knows, it may makes you be more aware of your surrounding, I did.

See you guys on the 30th Dec.

Dennis Kee
Eye E City Committee.

No la is mon 29 dec. 0745hrs! coming soon!:sweatsm:

hmm if miss both? got youtube?

btw, who interviewed?

One of us from the organising committee and two participants will be on TV. ;)

Not sure whether got youtube or mobtv though. :think:

Hi guys,

A gentle reminder for participants using digital users and handphone camera. Please take note of Clause (6). Thanks.

Dennis Kee
Eye E City Committee

Last edited:
Hi guys,

A gentle reminder for participants using digital users and handphone camera. Please take note of Clause (6). Thanks.

Dennis Kee
Eye E City Committee

Hi Dennis,

If my digicam resolution is not capable for generating 12"x18" @ 300 dpi, that means i need to extrapolated the resolution?

Today registeration starts at 7pm? any chance for earlier registeration?:think:

Hi Dennis,

If my digicam resolution is not capable for generating 12"x18" @ 300 dpi, that means i need to extrapolated the resolution?

Hi Catalyst,

Yes, you will have to extrapolate.

May I suggest you :
1) shoot with the best quality your camera has
2) meter correctly (digital mah, can check the LCD for under / over expose),
3) observe basic holding technics,
4) make use of surrounding table, chairs, dustbin, lamppost to support your camera should the shutter becomes too slow and will cause camera shake,
5) use tripod when doing long exposure.

Dennis Kee
Eye E City Committee

Today registeration starts at 7pm? any chance for earlier registeration?:think:

Hi Melvin

Sorry you cant. It is because all of us also working, we will need to rush down and set up for the registration after work.

Thanks for you kind understanding.

Dennis Kee
Eye E City Committee

Hi Melvin

Sorry you cant. It is because all of us also working, we will need to rush down and set up for the registration after work.

Thanks for you kind understanding.

Dennis Kee
Eye E City Committee

No prob! Just asking!:bsmilie:

hope to see as many of you guys tonight as possible. ;):cool:
off to go set up the counters. :sweat:

be there later....

Thanks for those who come down to register. We are happy to see familiar faces as well as new friends. :D

Happy shooting and don't forget submission is on 1 Jan from 10am to 1pm at same venue i.e Basheer Graphic Books Gallery.

Just came back from overnight shooting, going out soon to continue.

A big thank you to all the volunteers.

For those who are still keen in participating in this year's event, only for digital format users you can still do the registration as well as submission on the 1st Jan 09. So its not too late, go out and shoot.

For film user, we are sorry, you cant join this year's event liao because you will not be able to get the official film which was given out yesterday.

Dennis Kee
Eye E City Committee

Last edited:
For those who have missed Eye E City's representatives interview by Zao An Ning Hao, Channel 8, on the 29th Dec 08, you can watch it here

http://eyeecity.multiply.com/video/item/12/12?replies_read=2

Many thanks to Amos (committee), Kar Ghee (participants) and Zhang Sanfeng (participants) who took time to go for the interview.

But hor, why all guys one:think::think:

Dennis Kee
Eye E City Committee

Last edited:
Just reach home. best fireworks in 4-5years here in Singapore. No smoke!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today is the submission day :

Between 1000hr - 1300hr
#04-19 Basheer Graphic Books
Bras Basah Complex

See you guys later!!:cool:

Dennis Kee
Eye E City Committee

Hi guys

We have queries on why we are having Preliminary Selection on the 17th and 18th Jan 09.

Why not combine Preliminary Selection with Submission on 1st Jan 09.

For those interested to know :

1) The committees and volunteers have a real job, some may have to work on 2nd Jan. For the record, the Submission on 1st Jan ended around 3pm. Can you imagine what time it would have ended if we were combined Preliminary Selection on 1st Jan?

2) During the Preliminary Selection, each participants are given an average of 20 mins personal session with our Facilitators (some of whom are also our Judges) to help them select their best 3 works, gaining higher chance of works being selected for the Final 100, to ponder and put into words, the things you want to say to support your choices.

3) During the sharing session, participants can also learn how to refine your works,

4) This Prelim Selection is considered the crux of the whole Eye e City event purpose. In sharing can one learn more about the objectives, refine the technical skills and perspectives, as well as to inspire expansion of consciousness, awareness and love of our city...

5) If participant has an urgent / important matter to attend and cant make it the either of the Preliminary Selection Days, we will select the 3 photographs on their behalf.

6) If a participant just dont wish to attend the Preliminary Selection, we will still select the 3 photographs. Sad to say, the participant dont understand the true meaning of Eye E City.

Edit :
7) We need to send the negatives (film users) for developing and scanning after collection on 1st Jan.

http://eyeecity.multiply.com/calendar/item/10045/Eye_e_City_2008_Preliminary_Selection

We hope the participants can now better understand the way we plan and execute things.:)

Dennis Kee
Eye E City Committee

Last edited:
Hi guys

Allow me to quote one of our previous committee to further illustrate the objectives of this event :

"其實我覺得城市的眼睛應該不只是一個攝影的活動,它其實是讓關心社會社區的人有一個共同來討論、發表、分享自己看法的一個空間。所以其實如果有更多的機會讓大家一起見面的話,我個人覺得會更好。

不然的話,其實只需要一個電郵地址,大家把照片寄上就好了。"

Agar agar translated as

"I feel Eye is not simply a photographic event, it provides a platform for those concern with the society to voice their opinion and to discuss. It would be even better if we have more opportunities to meet up.

Else, we might as well just get all participants to send in their works to our official site."

Anyway, next weekends is the Preliminary Selection. We hope each participant will prepare themselves by going through their submitted photographs and roughly select some that they have more "feel".

Our Facilitators may consist of our Judges, committees and seasoned Eye participants. During the 20mins sharing session, we will still go through all the submitted photographs. There may also be "kaypo" passerby (namely the committees:bsmilie:) who may sit in as they share your "feel" in the photogrpahs. But please dont feel shy or uneasy, isnt this why you have taken part in this event, to share and discuss your view on society / your experience? However, Facilitators will only give suggestions, the decision to select the final photographs will still be you.

After the sharing session, you will be requested to write down your thought for these photographs. This will help the Judges better understand your intend, as well as viewers to understand your work/s if selected for the exhibition.

All volunteers are invited to attend the Judging so you will have a greater understanding of Eye E City. If you feel that the cause is something worth volunteering more of your time, we welcome you to join as a committees. So you see, committees are just volunteers who volunteers more times. Due to personal commitments, some may have to leave and we need fresh blood to ensure the continuity of Eye E City.

Dennis Kee
Eye E City Committee

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.