Eye é City 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya kind of weird cause the book is smaller then A4 but they require us to send in 12x18"... Mobile phone print will be in 5R somemore... Then need exif to verify but I try after converting to b&w it seems like it will strip off all exif info. "No manipulation is allowed" but isn't manipulating colors to B&W a form of manipulation ? Hahahaha

that why i have give up for this. I have lost for it. :D

Good Luck and enjoy for all who took part ;)

Hey guys, don't worry about losing exif info. we have softwares that can still detect exif info after conversion.

Even if convert to black and white Exif will still be there. There are so many software that still able to read it. such as Adobe Bridge, light Rm ... lol.

Why so troublesome for the submission? Why need such high res? For them to stock up like stock library?

So those who using a low end cam cant join liao lor......

ok la, at least you enjoy it la :)

Ya kind of weird cause the book is smaller then A4 but they require us to send in 12x18"... Mobile phone print will be in 5R somemore... Then need exif to verify but I try after converting to b&w it seems like it will strip off all exif info. "No manipulation is allowed" but isn't manipulating colors to B&W a form of manipulation ? Hahahaha :bsmilie:

The reason is stated in sheet the instruction / R&R / terms & conditions, for benefit of those who missed that point printed, allow me to explain here.

Eye E City hold exhibition every year, for those photos selected, they are printed in the size of 12" x 18", some of the photos submitted for the cat of photo essay & eye challenge are also printed in various size. I am quite sure most of the participants who had join this event more than once knows about the exhibitions and the size of which the photos are printed.

Also, stated in that paper, iirc, as well as during the registration, committees do explain to participants that Eye E City do not own copy rights, it belongs to the participants, at least I do explain to 1st timers (I was at counter 3 this year). Those who had participated more than once, i am not sure why they dont know this. Eye E City will only use the photos for the publicity material of the event itself.

Last point to add here, all CDs, negatives and printed photos are return to participants. Those who participated 2008 whose photo/s were printed for the exhibition and still have not collected them, sorry, the photos were thrown away yesterday.

Btw, I used Canon G2 this year. Being a 9yrs old 4mp digital compact camera, is it be consider as low end ah?:bsmilie::embrass:

Last edited:
Even if convert to black and white Exif will still be there. There are so many software that still able to read it. such as Adobe Bridge, light Rm ... lol.

Not sure about lightroom as I don't use it... but for bridge confirm can't as I just tried. With upsize to 12x18 that might be the cause.

The reason is stated in sheet the instruction / R&R / terms & conditions, for benefit of those who missed that point printed, allow me to explain here.

Eye E City hold exhibition every year, for those photos selected, they are printed in the size of 12" x 18", some of the photos submitted for the cat of photo essay & eye challenge are also printed in various size. I am quite sure most of the participants who had join this event more than once knows about the exhibitions and the size of which the photos are printed.

Also, stated in that paper, iirc, as well as during the registration, committees do explain to participants that Eye E City do not own copy rights, it belongs to the participants, at least I do explain to 1st timers (I was at counter 3 this year). Those who had participated more than once, i am not sure why they dont know this. Eye E City will only use the photos for the publicity material of the event itself.

Last point to add here, all CDs, negatives and printed photos are return to participants. Those who participated 2008 whose photo/s were printed for the exhibition and still have not collected them, sorry, the photos were thrown away yesterday.

Btw, I used Canon G2 this year. Being a 9yrs old 4mp digital compact camera, is it be consider as low end ah?

Too bad that last year you have missed out one of the sharing session where i was there. Then you might have a diff perspective after that session :)

Anyway, i understand what you trying to say so but do you "see" what i mean? :bsmilie:

After all, just have fun for those who joined la.

Tupi... your website wrong spelling man: http://www.mydreamsboard.com/DreamPhotoaid2008/

what's 'deams' supposed to mean? nice mugshots anywayz.

Maybe you can share about what happened on the sharing session, for the benefit of those who weren't there?

Paiseh... typo error :bsmilie:

As for the session, unlucky for those who not there then. Sometime some stuff are meant not to be mention again. ;)

Paiseh... typo error :bsmilie:

As for the session, unlucky for those who not there then. Sometime some stuff are meant not to be mention again. ;)

may i suggest u talk to the committees if this is a personal issue?

also i would like to suggest readers of this thread 1 thing, there is always 2 sides of the story.

though i was not at the sharing session, why is it only u have serious issues on what was shared? can we have the committees & others who attended that session reveal what actually happened there, since tupi doesnt want to?

i will contact the committees to address this issue here, if they know what is the issue tupi has with the org.

Last edited:
may i suggest u talk to the committees if this is a personal issue?

also i would like to suggest readers of this thread 1 thing, there is always 2 sides of the story.

though i was not at the sharing session, why is it only u have serious issues on what was shared? can we have the committees & others who attended that session reveal what actually happened there, since tupi doesnt want to?

i will contact the committees to address this issue here, if they know what is the issue tupi has with the org.

wow..... Is thing here getting personal here, Dennis? Hm......

I don't think there is a need for me to sort things out with them nor they need to explain abt their stuff. Perhaps just like you said that seem like ONLY me have the issues with them.

Ya, it's always many sides of story and faces too :)

wow..... Is thing here getting personal here, Dennis? Hm......

I don't think there is a need for me to sort things out with them nor they need to explain abt their stuff. Perhaps just like you said that seem like ONLY me have the issues with them.

Ya, it's always many sides of story and faces too :)

Hi Tupi Guy, thanks for your participation in the activities organised by Eye é City. If you have suggestions and ideas that can help us improve in whatever ways, feel free to email us at eyeecity@yahoo.com.

Just an introduction to those who are new to Eye é City, we are a non-profit society led by a team of working volunteers. The overarching vision of Eye é City is to raise awareness and concern for the society at large by becoming a communal platform to allow participants to share, interact and learn through activities like art, photography, journalism and heritage. In the years to come, Eye é City aims to be the driving force for a more compassionate and empathetic Singapore through retracing, recounting, reliving and reflecting upon our past and present.

Last edited:
Hi Tupi Guy, thanks for your participation in the activities organised by Eye é City. If you have suggestions and ideas that can help us improve in whatever ways, feel free to email us at eyeecity@yahoo.com.

Just an introduction to those who are new to Eye é City, we are a non-profit society led by a team of working volunteers. The overarching vision of Eye é City is to raise awareness and concern for the society at large by becoming a communal platform to allow participants to share, interact and learn through activities like art, photography, journalism and heritage. In the years to come, Eye é City aims to be the driving force for a more compassionate and empathetic Singapore through retracing, recounting, reliving and reflecting upon our past and present.

Hi eyeecity,

Thanks for the reply here which dennis posted.

I dont see there is a need to dwell on this so i wont be emailing you guys :) as over explaining or when more names are mention will just complicated stuff.

Just enjoy your cause and stay with your core values :)

aiyo... i missed out this year event :(
and i haven't collect my photos and books from last year... ( my bad denniskee >_< you mention that i can collect it by oct exhibition but i was overseas during that time )
anyway... a very fun event... sad to miss this year one after joining for 2 years in a row before :)

aiyo... i missed out this year event :(
and i haven't collect my photos and books from last year... ( my bad denniskee >_< you mention that i can collect it by oct exhibition but i was overseas during that time )
anyway... a very fun event... sad to miss this year one after joining for 2 years in a row before :)

there is always 2010 eye E City:bsmilie::bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.