Extreme/ultra/normal CF card. which to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The S1 IS can use the faster CF cards like Ultra II or Extreme, or even the cards from Lexar WA. dpreview's write speed tests were done on a Ultra II card.

hangoveragain said:
The S1 IS can use the faster CF cards like Ultra II or Extreme, or even the cards from Lexar WA. dpreview's write speed tests were done on a Ultra II card.

Hmm....i checked the review. He said this "With write times averaging around 1.6 seconds for a Super Fine JPEG the S1 IS is very fast for a compact camera, though at around 1MB/s it is hardly pushing the capabilities of the Sandisk card"

Looks like the P&Ses are catching up. It won't be long before AF speed goes up also. Currently, the fastest of them all are Kyrocera's RTune technology but that's SD. Can whack full-res highest quality at full burst speed till the card fills up, subject to SD card speed. (use Ultra II lor). Of course, whether or not you need this capability is another matter (but I do)

Haha... my bottleneck is actually my PC which is still using USB 1.1!
Gotta find some time for my PC again instead spending too much time on my SLR. :bsmilie:

Just wanna find out how everyone backup their images... spare HD, DVD, etc?

Get anything about 20x for ur VGA Fine video mode should be ok.... other than that...i think any CF for shooting of jpeg is fine.

Don't really need the Fastest card for S1... its better to have....i would consider it as a "DESIRE" not a "NEED"

Tested SD card on CF adapter for S1.... working great...lol....

Souphamster said:
recently got myself a 512mb CF kingston brand from comex 2004. Price is cheap @ $89.00. But how can i check on the speed? As i am using normal DC. I dont think my cam makes any diff if i use ultra speed actually.

From your Kingston CF, there will be a series of number at the edge of the card eg THNCF512MCA. State that no here and I can roughly tell you the speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.