External power for GH4?

calamansi

Mar 1, 2017
Cala
Hi, does anyone have suggestions about external power solutions for the GH4, that can be bought from shops in Singapore (i.e. not online)? I am aware of the DMW-DCC12 decoupler and its accompanying DMW-AC10 AC adapter, but none of these seem to be available from any of the well-known camera shops in Singapore. Does anyone know if any shop sells these 2 items? The closest thing I saw was a 3rd-party DC decoupler for GH4 from Alan photo, but it's almost impossible to find an AC adapter that connects to it, and with the right output voltage.

Replying to my own post in case it helps anyone: I got the Atomos Power Station Photo, which is far easier to get from shops here (Singapore) rather than the elusive DMW-DCC12 and DMW-AC10 combo. It's not an apple-to-apple comparison since the Power Station is much more expensive (SGD400 plus), and it's really a much more comprehensive solution comprising not just a dummy battery + adapter that allows the GH4 to run on AC, but it's also a portable power storage solution for powering the GH4 for long usage, even continuously. As far as I know, no shops here have the newer Atomos Power Station Video in stock, so I managed to get only the older Atomos Power Station Photo as I didn't want to wait. But if you are willing to spend about $600 plus and are willing to wait a few days for stock to arrive, the Video version is an even more powerful solution, since the batteries that come with the product have higher capacity than the Photo version. Just make sure that the dummy batteries provided in the Video version comprises one that is built for the GH4 (which I think is the case, just like the Photo).