Extension Power Bricks must power off when not in use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope i don't
but probably some smart kid will come in and give some expert technical advise about how the prick i meant brick is built and why you should or should not power it off.

oh i dunno liao.. better not give my say anything. my lowly basic technical education is being tested and challenged by a stalker lately. I also waiting for expert to come in to give advice. anyone?

are you guys talking about this?
300px-Extensioncord.jpg

or this
1.jpg

i'm talking about #1.. not sure which one wazzup is talking about

Me just wonder will draw electricity or not.. my bricks are normally at least 5~7 sockets on each... :sweat:

Most appliances, even if you think they are off, they are actually still drawing power (what they term 'leaking' power). I remember reading some studies done in the US and Europe where this leaking power by not unplugging appliances adds up to between 5 to 25 % of household electricity bills (depends on the types and how many appliances the house has). So the recommandation was either to unplug the devices when not in use or to use those power strips/boards and turn off the power strip/board switch (so you don't have to unplug individual appliances)

i always off my adapters when not in use because it is hot. heat is never good for electronics. :)

oh i dunno liao.. better not give my say anything. my lowly basic technical education is being tested and challenged by a stalker lately. I also waiting for expert to come in to give advice. anyone?
Wah.. you so hot ah, got stalker, I also want to stalk u leh!

are you guys talking about this?
300px-Extensioncord.jpg

or this
1.jpg

i'm talking about #1.. not sure which one wazzup is talking about
Wah lao... then you reply until so songst... :kok:

Most appliances, even if you think they are off, they are actually still drawing power (what they term 'leaking' power). I remember reading some studies done in the US and Europe where this leaking power by not unplugging appliances adds up to between 5 to 25 % of household electricity bills (depends on the types and how many appliances the house has). So the recommandation was either to unplug the devices when not in use or to use those power strips/boards and turn off the power strip/board switch (so you don't have to unplug individual appliances)
Wah... then I will be very bo eng liao... I got a lot of power bricks at home... *sweat*

i always off my adapters when not in use because it is hot. heat is never good for electronics. :)
Me too...the longest I left on was my speaker's adaptor, for a good year or two... but so far my speakers still working (since 1996).

No, you won't need to power them off. The power drawn by power strips' neon indicators is not significant enough.

However, if you're using one of those el'cheapo Taiwan/ China made "surge protector" strips, you might want to do so. I've had one blow up and smoke in front of me before.

My advice is to spend a little more and get a Belkin Surge Protection strip. At the very least, it does come with warranty for your equipment plugged into it.

No, you won't need to power them off. The power drawn by power strips' neon indicators is not significant enough.

However, if you're using one of those el'cheapo Taiwan/ China made "surge protector" strips, you might want to do so. I've had one blow up and smoke in front of me before.

My advice is to spend a little more and get a Belkin Surge Protection strip. At the very least, it does come with warranty for your equipment plugged into it.

Me also use Belkin Surge Protection strip for my 2 lappy, modem, wireless router and 2 ext harddisk drive! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.