EXPOSE yourself - LXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi hi morning morning!
Finally new season :)

Expose Kitty!
I like this picture but it doesn't feel evocative for some reason.
Any ideas why?
Could it be the angle or something?
Or should I have framed it such that the boy and the kitty are in the right side
and the pathway leads to them?

IMG_1041.jpg

lol critique corner ah???? :bsmilie:

to me, perhaps too many elements in it?

Such as you have mention the path way? WIll it be better if it has more DOF? Hm..... how about lower angle?

IMG_8211.jpg

A shot that i love, got it yesterday. What a rare chance for me to have this :)

SImply just love it!

:O kitty looks headless lol

Last edited:
I gots somemore kitties too :D
Her paws so big lor :O
Want to press but scared later she angry

IMG_1092.jpg

hi hi morning morning!

Expose Kitty!
Any ideas why?
Or should I have framed it such that the boy and the kitty are in the right side

i am very anal about tilts, so the tilts here i would correct, think it's more of vertical distortion rather than tilted axis.

more dof is needed, i feel the need to see both cat and boy here. :)

Ohhhh I see I see...
Also if I were to get down to eye level and take it down up it should be better right actually?
More dof... aiyah shouldn't have shot at F4 then X.o

Ohhhh I see I see...
Also if I were to get down to eye level and take it down up it should be better right actually?
More dof... aiyah shouldn't have shot at F4 then X.o

perhaps, but you will end up with the cat blending with the gate , if you do not change position.

i think it is fine as it is, just more dof and correction of tilt. the latter, probably only i care, i crazy about upright verticals.

:eek: kitty photos!

i havent developed my films lololol
maybe nxt fri then i go develop............

hi hi morning morning!

Expose Kitty!
Any ideas why?

IMG_1041.jpg

In most cases, try not to have a foreground subject that is OOF......it is a human instinct to see something near to us at the first glance, hence a OOF subject in the foreground is normally considered distracting.

Do you have another shot of the cat in focus and the boy OOF? It might work better.

In this particular shot, shooting from a lower angle which places the cat in 1/3 will help in the overall dynamic.

The colour and lighting are not strong to have the wow effect......you might want to convert to b&w and play with the tones instead.

:)

In most cases, try not to have a foreground subject that is OOF......it is a human instinct to see something near to us at the first glance, hence a OOF subject in the foreground is normally considered distracting.

:thumbsup:

hi hi morning morning!

Expose Kitty!
Any ideas why?

IMG_1041.jpg

i agree with leong that b&w works better for this pic. suggested tweaks;
convert to b&w, slightly tighter crop at top to balance the boy and cat in the image, increase contrast to wash out the bg clutter, sharpen kitty at the lower part of the pic.

114562986.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.