Exchange Semester to USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

knifeslash

Aug 11, 2008
Hi guys,

I will be traveling to the US for about 4 months under a student exchange program. I just got myself a D60 dual lens kit at COMEX and the bag they gave isn't ideal for traveling. I think it is too big to sling around or even stuff it in my backpack.

I intend to get a bag that can fit my D60, 18-55 and 55-200 and spare battery. The bag should be able to fit these items nicely but not too big that I cannot fit it in a backpack.

Any recommendations? Thank you very much.

I got the same package you did at comex and upgraded the bag to Lowepro by paying $35 more.

How about a Fastpack 200/250? I used that for my CIP/volunteer trip and works wonderfully. In fact, the camera is always in my hands, not in the bag. :bsmilie:

How about a Fastpack 200/250? I used that for my CIP/volunteer trip and works wonderfully. In fact, the camera is always in my hands, not in the bag. :bsmilie:
i did consider the fastpack 250 but thinking long term, after the trip, i will want a small bag which i can sling around instead of carrying a bagpack around. therefore, i came to a decision that i want a compact bag which i can put into my backpack and after the trip, i can still use the compact bag by itself.

Oldie but goodie ... Lowepro Photorunner. Can handle cam with 1 lens mounted, plus room for 1 or 2 more, and has a front zippered pocket as well. You can also stuff that into a nondescript backpack that does not scream "camera bag !" ;)

hi guys,

thank you for your advice, i got myself a second hand lowepro rezo 170. the size fits my needs exactly. i am able to fit in what i want and yet it isn't too big.

Status
Not open for further replies.