Ever hear marbles dropping late at night from upstairs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by rochkoh
err.. my upstairs got no children also these sounds lehhh.. *scratching head*
Is it something that have been in-built into our mind....
Like when you ZZZz, you suddenly have the feeling that you are falling down..... or like dropping from a great height and then you wake up........

Hhhmmmmmmm

one possible explanation can be just coins hitting the floor, it sounds differently downstairs because the sound is transmitted differently.

Originally posted by Bluestrike

Like when you ZZZz, you suddenly have the feeling that you are falling down..... or like dropping from a great height and then you wake up........

Hhhmmmmmmm

Hey, i get that sometimes too. i wonder why.. Men's inate fear of falling perhaps?

I've got what seems to be like sudden electric shocks that wakes me up too. Usually happens only when i'm almost asleep.

strange.

Originally posted by rochkoh

Hey, i get that sometimes too. i wonder why.. Men's inate fear of falling perhaps?

I've got what seems to be like sudden electric shocks that wakes me up too. Usually happens only when i'm almost asleep.

strange.
yeah
mi too

I leave in the top most floor leh. And occasionally i heard marbles or like someone drangging a heavy object on top. It usually happens if i stay up late. Wonder who is upstairs???

look at it this way,

if you're staying at the top most floor and you hear sound coming from the roof... I guess it is ok, since it is coming from "up there"

BUT

say you're staying on the ground floor and you hear scratching sounds coming from the floor.... now I think you should get worried.....

Originally posted by rueyloon
look at it this way,

if you're staying at the top most floor and you hear sound coming from the roof... I guess it is ok, since it is coming from "up there"

BUT

say you're staying on the ground floor and you hear scratching sounds coming from the floor.... now I think you should get worried.....

from up there also ok???

what if something up there is calling u to 'come up and stay with him'

Kamwai stop scaring us! haha. but think nothing to worry bout one lah. Mean physics experts, sound travels much faster when passing through concrete than air right?

Last time this neighbour of mine did renovation work. They stay like 10 floors down but think because sound travels so much better in denser medium (concrete), whenever they do drilling or stuff, it always seems like the sound directly come from the family above!

Yeah lor, so in a HDB flat, imagine how many families are there man. Just one of them move the furniture... and the whole block will hear it! At least that's what I like to think lah... ;)

Originally posted by Ripper
Kamwai stop scaring us! haha. but think nothing to worry bout one lah. Mean physics experts, sound travels much faster when passing through concrete than air right?

Last time this neighbour of mine did renovation work. They stay like 10 floors down but think because sound travels so much better in denser medium (concrete), whenever they do drilling or stuff, it always seems like the sound directly come from the family above!

Yeah lor, so in a HDB flat, imagine how many families are there man. Just one of them move the furniture... and the whole block will hear it! At least that's what I like to think lah... ;)

Hehheee...
Making yourself believe in that.... hhehehee

Hi,

Actually hor, it's none other than a high tech kid up there playing back a WAV file of marbles dropping. It sounds so real because he is playing back the WAV file through the Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum, and the Creative Inspire 5700 5.1 Digital speakers, and has been enhanced by the use of EAX technologies.

Regards
CK

The time i heard it was when i was a kid...staying in clementi on the 4th floor....keep hearing those damn marbles...
blk 411...

blk 410 where there this incident of slashing...someone died...i think i was too young to be bothered....heard the scream tat afternoon though...

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE...

I dun hear 'marbles sound'... but i do hear sounds like 'dragging a chair or something heavy against the floor'... even at around 4am... hear it every night... but it do scares me... :dunno:

Originally posted by Bluestrike

Hhhmmmmmmm

OIE Blue strike... sleep properly lah~ This is due to poor sleeping posture... I use this technique to prevent myself from sleeping too long.... HAHAHA....

When you sleep... make sure your legs are straight... not bent like doing sit up like that... when you fall asleep, your muscle relax and your legs topple, causing your body to turn, your inner ear sense the sudden movement and the brain thinks you are falling... Sleep so that you do not "topple" and you won't have these problems...

Marble dropping ah... could it be due to expansion and contration of the building? This one is a wild guess... Cos can always here the buckling sound of my fridge at night which is due to expension and contraction...

i hear those noises u guys mentioned once a while, in my living room even the flat we lived in before shifting here.

my sis told me it's the spirits, just reminding us that they are there since there is no other explanation why kids are playing marbles that late or furniture dragging across the room.

after hearing that, my ears are always on the alert mode even though i'm not too bothered abt it anymore....

wah all marbles ar !!!!!!!!! i heard something else...people kareoke at night sound like singing and howling not from the ceiling but from the next block.......what kind of spirit is that:confused:

last time when i was small i use to hear that marble noise at my ceiling......but until now then did i notice something.......me living at the 18th level........and there is no 19th level....ah......!!!!:what:

Lucky me on highest floor and some distance away from the staircase :D

If like this also hear hor, wah siao liao

Status
Not open for further replies.