events coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.
eikin said:
:bsmilie:
What's so funny?
When you want to start to shoot for them, you will tell them this, when you get sick of doing it, they will say the same thing back to you.

philliptan said:
Depends on the level of grassroots you're talking abt.

I shoot for my RC unofficially and you'll be surprised how much they appreciate it. They've got no budget so don't expect payment for your time. Maybe they'll pay for the printing but that's abt it. As for CCs, they would have the money to pay, but usually they already have prior arrangement with pro photogs.

Do ask them... you'll be surprised... they might hang on to you dearly! :bsmilie:

Agreed with Phillip, it so easy to get in, just need to open you month, but don't bother to ask for money, cos they don't have budget for that, and they will keep you very busy all the weekends.

Only events with MP or minister as GOH, than they will have budget for photography, and again, mostly will look for professionals.

catchlights said:
What's so funny?
When you want to start to shoot for them, you will tell them this, when you get sick of doing it, they will say the same thing back to you.

:bsmilie:

Andy Ho said:
I just realized I did not phrase my words properly. I mean giving free services to client for beginning photographer is very real. It is not wrong as I am guilty of that as well when I started photography initially but like I say we will all be out of jobs if there are more and more coming out.

The world is changing... job profiles change, some jobs disappear, new jobs emerge. Better to be among the pioneers in an evolving field than trying to maintain a dying business model.

just wondering, how do wedding photographers start taking and getting paid? where u advertise? how u advertise? i am a student currently, so just wanna know.
also, what was the age when some of you started getting paid for event coverage? wonder if ppl will use my if i am only 16...

maritimus831 said:
just wondering, how do wedding photographers start taking and getting paid? where u advertise? how u advertise? i am a student currently, so just wanna know.
also, what was the age when some of you started getting paid for event coverage? wonder if ppl will use my if i am only 16...
start by camping outside bridal shops? distributing flyers? :dunno:

I think age does matter. If you want to make a business/income/etc you need to propose a contract that both you and the client must agree.. contract requires a legal age of 21 i suppose? :sweat: I'm not too sure becos i never had a problem with age..:sweatsm:

LittleWolf said:
The world is changing... job profiles change, some jobs disappear, new jobs emerge. Better to be among the pioneers in an evolving field than trying to maintain a dying business model.
WHO MOVED MY CHEESE!!!

yanyewkay said:
start by camping outside bridal shops? distributing flyers? :dunno:

I think age does matter. If you want to make a business/income/etc you need to propose a contract that both you and the client must agree.. contract requires a legal age of 21 i suppose? :sweat: I'm not too sure becos i never had a problem with age..:sweatsm:

no way camping outside, but do it by start to shoot for frens, and if you are doing good, then by words of mouth, your frens will intro you to their frens and frens ... so on... right???

anyone agree?

Some bridal shop desperate for customers more the photographers do, camp outside the bridal shop no use one. More over the shops have regular photographers to take their assignments, if you only one man show nobody will entertain you.

The best way to start is to learn from other photographers, find someone be your mentor.

Shoot wedding is not as easy as many people think, the photographer must know all the basic about photography, and understand the wedding customs and rituals, if not it will like the blind (photographer) leading the blind (wedding couple).

well, i post the SPH a mail to offer my serivce , but too bad, no openings SPH told me ... wait loh... but thanks anyway guys here

Status
Not open for further replies.