Event company looking for photographer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro, are you for real?

I know local photographer that shoot wedding... Full day and with PP..
Less than $1000.

Just to give you a rough idea. My shots alone cost about $15K for a 2 hour session. The shots are later combined into animated simulation. Total value-add cost $95K to the client. Profit can see me comfortably for 6 months at the beach. I don't do wedding shoot cos it's not my area.

My company do hire Pro photographers for one time event at around $3,500 for 3 - 4hrs work.

So if you do charge less than $1K, you are sending a message that either you're an amatuer or you're desperate.

Brother, as what u say, u are a photographer. Then u should also know that by doing this, u are spoiling the market and the rice bowls of many professional photographers. As far as I know, for general events, the rate for 4 to 5 hrs is abt $250 min.

Ermmmm....u sure that's the price of an average wedding photographer?

Most commonly charges I have found during my search for wedding photographer is $1K +/-. So ya, that is the average I knew. Highest quote I got is $2k+ and lowest is $500.

Just to give you a rough idea. My shots alone cost about $15K for a 2 hour session. The shots are later combined into animated simulation. Total value-add cost $95K to the client. Profit can see me comfortably for 6 months at the beach. I don't do wedding shoot cos it's not my area.

My company do hire Pro photographers for one time event at around $3,500 for 3 - 4hrs work.

So if you do charge less than $1K, you are sending a message that either you're an amatuer or you're desperate.

Are you at a beach now, surfing CS? :bsmilie:

The last statement you made gonna break a lot of people's heart. :sweat:

Bro, are you for real?

I know local photographer that shoot wedding... Full day and with PP..
Less than $1000.

Someone out there asked me if im interested in doing their wedding shoots.
Pay $500 for whole day including ROM and customary wedding. Still request
to see portfolio. I was like :sticktong

My few hours events already cost 4 figures if don't talk about money and talk
:heart: it's ok if you are my friend after all it's my passion anyway. But not
some strangers who know nuts about photography wants to insult others

There're Prada bags that cost $6,500 and there're Charles & Keith bags that cost $48. There're people who buy Prada bags cos it's about quality and style and those who buy Charles & Keith cos it's all they can afford. We as photographers must aim to be Prada and not some cheapo.

Back in Singapore to visit my folks and go to Puket for a photo adventure before returning to Perth. Like to join me for a 2 week photo adventure?

Sorry if my last statement seem blunt. But if we are to raise standards and add value to our trade, then undercutting our brothers just to get that $500 job is just doing a disservice to the trade.

Sorry if my last statement seem blunt. But if we are to raise standards and add value to our trade, then undercutting our brothers just to get that $500 job is just doing a disservice to the trade.

:thumbsup:

Dear Clubsnap brothers

I heard all your comments.
I understand about payment being low and all those.

Here is my answers to all bros out there
1) Customers sucks nowadays and they normally hire their own people to shoot their own events. honestly i am creating opportunities for newbies by promoting them to home in on their photographic skills.There are people hiring models and you have to pay to shoot ...
Again i stress i do not need super professionals...and i do not depend on photography for my event business. i am a photographer myself but i have to manage the whole show and I am only providing opportunity.

2) My Clients do not need creative shots like wedding shots, fanciful filters or whatsoever.It is just photos ..photos of people and their employees coming for the event.

3) Lastly I stress again that i do not need super professionals. I want people who had the desire to learn more about photography and the passion to take pictures . That is the reason why i provide my own camera for them to take the pictures. This is no beg borrow or steal scenerio .

4) and lastly . we manage simple events only ...For $500 photography , my client would say thank you and they ask their own people to take.

Hope all brothers understand ..that i am opening an offer and not trying to make a big Hu Ha to this entire episode.

Thanks
I'm not telling you should hire a pro, but just letting you know what you have offer is too low for a junior photographer.

yes, customers not willing to spend money nowadays, so be it, why don't just let them get somebody to shoot with a PnS, or shoot themself.

but what are you doing now does not helping the photography community, you are lowing the standard photography, discouraging junior photographers from entering this field. and letting customers show little or no respect towards photographers.

when a photographer is hired, whether is charging expensive or cheap, clients or customers will have certain expectation on the deliverable, so can you tell your customers that don't expect too much, cos they only paying very little for the photography? No, of course you won't, you won't tell your customer that, if so, your customers will tell why don't they take care themself since the quality is not much better than DIY, can save money some more.

when the customers expectation and service rendered do not match? Guess what will happen next? for this, we don't need a MBA to figure out.

Agree with everyone...:D:D..photography is our pride(even i just took a really low rates job last week..):bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Hi there, I'm a 34 yr old guy who has been taking photos since I was 14yrs old. I've shot models, wedding n for many big companies DInner&Dance, some as many as 100 tables. Pvt MSG me for details if u want to knw which companies I've shot.

I've started off using film manual camera, nikon EM, FM,FM2 etc.

I'm currently using nikon D700, nikon 18-35mm f4 vr, nikon 105 f2.8vr & nikon 70-200mm f2.8 vrii. I'm posting this to tell all the rest of the members here is photography is not abt money. It's about passion.

To whoever who is posting this, I'm willing to do it FOC. I don't take photography as a career. I make $ in the finanicial sector. More than s$150k a year. But I just enjoy taking photos in my free time.

I'll b off for a photography trip in Asia on 1 June, back middle month. Email me or check out my facebook to see some of my photos. I can get a few more of my fellow frezs for bigger event should u need more than 1 photographer. My email is "roy_mr2@yahoo.com".

Cheers!

To all fellow photographers out there, especially to those newbie. Ask yourself this question. Did u take up photography to earn $? Or it's due to interest?

If it's due to interest, then go shoot. Instead of worrying abt the low pay. U guys are gate crashing events to shoot models n other stuffs for not even peanuts... U guys go it for free. Instead of wasting free time hanging out at marina bay shooting SANDS, go take up the job. U can never learn all in photography. Every shoot is a learning experience.

I hate to see this, but the more senior shouldn't encourage the newbie to charge higher and not to take up the job. To put things plainly, the senior guys are just afraid that the newbie BREAK THEIR RICE BOWL by charging a fraction of their asking price. This is just plain selfish.

Wake up guys! Listen to your heart. Not those who wants to make u their puppets and pin u under their thumbs. Go out and shoot some photos. Having a salary, whether more or less, is just a bonus!

I am a monkey, hire me.....
Pay me peanuts instead of money....
Nikon, Canon let it be.....
If the picture turn out yucky~ don't blame me

Woo Woo...... ahah ahah.... wo de mama,hahaha

Hi there, I'm a 34 yr old guy who has been taking photos since I was 14yrs old. I've shot models, wedding n for many big companies DInner&Dance, some as many as 100 tables. Pvt MSG me for details if u want to knw which companies I've shot.

I'm currently using nikon D700, nikon 18-35mm f4 vr, nikon 105 f2.8vr & nikon 70-200mm f2.8 vrii. I'm posting this to tell all the rest of the members here is photography is not abt money. It's about passion.

To whoever who is posting this, I'm willing to do it FOC. I don't take photography as a career. I make $ in the finanicial sector. More than s$150k a year. But I just enjoy taking photos in my free time.

I'll b off for a photography trip in Asia on 1 June, back middle month. Email me or check out my facebook to see some of my photos. I can get a few more of my fellow frezs for bigger event should u need more than 1 photographer. My email is "roy_mr2@yahoo.com".

Cheers!

To all fellow photographers out there, especially to those newbie. Ask yourself this question. Did u take up photography to earn $? Or it's due to interest?

If it's due to interest, then go shoot. Instead of worrying abt the low pay. U guys are gate crashing events to shoot models n other stuffs for not even peanuts... U guys go it for free. Instead of wasting free time hanging out at marina bay shooting SANDS, go take up the job. U can never learn all in photography. Every shoot is a learning experience.

I hate to see this, but the more senior shouldn't encourage the newbie to charge higher and not to take up the job. To put things plainly, the senior guys are just afraid that the newbie BREAK THEIR RICE BOWL by charging a fraction of their asking price. This is just plain selfish.

Wake up guys! Listen to your heart. Not those who wants to make u their puppets and pin u under their thumbs. Go out and shoot some photos. Having a salary, whether more or less, is just a bonus!
You do have a point, photography is not a about money, but passion.
I'm sure many people will agree with you, but you have using a wrong example here.
many people don't mind to shoot for free, including me, for self or for a better cause.

If anyone keen to shoot for free, I would encourage he or she to find a appropriate subject to serve, to put his/her skill in good use. There are many organizations that need good photography, like charity groups, religion groups, grassroots groups etc.. for these, we are not serving individuates, but for the needy, for the God you believe, for your community you live in, this is not only good for just for yourself, for the subjects you serve, and also for the whole photography community.

I hate to tell you that TS come here to look for ......."whatever"..... this is clearly a commercialize activities, the people who benefit are TS and his customers, if any photographers think he can benefit too, by all means contact TS directly.

And FYI, the photographers who will suffer from such exploitation, are those junior or just starting out, the seniors here had already been there done that, sharing their pointers and opinion. And now who is the "selfish" person? you decide.

Lastly, a gentle reminder to all, do not OT in this thread. btw, the post here is none editable, be careful with what you post.

Last edited:

Erm.... don't use the senior word so bluntly.... They are talking about professional, okay? Senior might not be professional and vice versa for the newbie. If you have seen the photo taken by a $500 photographer and those by a $5k ones, you will understand why the different.

I also do paid assignments but I am not a professional. Passion is for those who shoot for leisure. Professionals do it for a living. I don't know what you do for a living but how would you feel if someone younger, without experiences and willing to do your job for only 1/2 your pay, landed with your job and render you useless? Are you willing to accept 1/2 of your salary now because you have passion for your job?

Get real, the TS is exploiting those who are interested in photography. With that kind of pay, how you think his/her company fare in this service?

I rather take my change with a 14 yr old with a Ixus PnS camera. Treat him Macdonald happymeal after the assignment. Cheaper than $80 for 4 hrs of shoot.

I'm not telling you should hire a pro, but just letting you know what you have offer is too low for a junior photographer.

yes, customers not willing to spend money nowadays, so be it, why don't just let them get somebody to shoot with a PnS, or shoot themself.

:bigeyes:A bit harsh right? No need to shoot themselves if they cannot afford to pay right? Hehehe.... :bsmilie:

Cheers!

For some, photography is a passion and for others it is a career or business. You do not need to boast that you work in the financial sector earning a miserable $150K a year. I earn that amount in a week without breaking out a sweat and I don't go around telling everyone in the forum.

You are also insulting the newbies and seniors here by insinuating and/or implying that they are wasting their time shooting pictures at Marina Bay or Sands. You are rude and should be waking up.

Here, TS is offering an "opportunity" but in realty could be charging the client an exhorbitant amount for the service. It is a commercial activity and the person to truly benefit is TS.

I'm advocating that we should not be so naive to do it in the name of learning when it is actually a case of exploitation. There are many areas we can do it for free if we want to practice our skills like Charitable organisations, RCs gathering or family outings.

Think about it.

Wow! I like what you said! LOLX!!! RESEPCT! :thumbsup: with :heart: haha!

Agree! :thumbsup: Agree with everyone now. It make sense. Have pride in photography. We shouldn't pull the rate down due to some people who want economy shots. Why not try handphone by themselves? Saves more! Plainly ridiculous. Please respect photographers and photography. If you don't learn how to respect that then people will not respect you either. Hey take a look at my POSTS amount! lolx. :bsmilie: Photography for life guys n gals! :lovegrin:

Hey i like the way u say it.
Great ;)

Erm.... don't use the senior word so bluntly.... They are talking about professional, okay? Senior might not be professional and vice versa for the newbie. If you have seen the photo taken by a $500 photographer and those by a $5k ones, you will understand why the different.

I also do paid assignments but I am not a professional. Passion is for those who shoot for leisure. Professionals do it for a living. I don't know what you do for a living but how would you feel if someone younger, without experiences and willing to do your job for only 1/2 your pay, landed with your job and render you useless? Are you willing to accept 1/2 of your salary now because you have passion for your job?

Get real, the TS is exploiting those who are interested in photography. With that kind of pay, how you think his/her company fare in this service?

I rather take my change with a 14 yr old with a Ixus PnS camera. Treat him Macdonald happymeal after the assignment. Cheaper than $80 for 4 hrs of shoot.

For some, photography is a passion and for others it is a career or business. You do not need to boast that you work in the financial sector earning a miserable $150K a year. I earn that amount in a week without breaking out a sweat and I don't go around telling everyone in the forum.

You are also insulting the newbies and seniors here by insinuating and/or implying that they are wasting their time shooting pictures at Marina Bay or Sands. You are rude and should be waking up.

Here, TS is offering an "opportunity" but in realty could be charging the client an exhorbitant amount for the service. It is a commercial activity and the person to truly benefit is TS.

I'm advocating that we should not be so naive to do it in the name of learning when it is actually a case of exploitation. There are many areas we can do it for free if we want to practice our skills like Charitable organisations, RCs gathering or family outings.

Think about it.

:thumbsup: Agree with you all. There is no such thing like high class or low class in photography, everyone is in the process of learning and this learning will never ends. A picture which a noob shot can turn him or her famous within one day and people will start calling him PRO from nowhere. But does Pro and Noob really matters you? Didn't you said photography is your passion? Then you should be kind enough to motivate photographer who are not as good as you. Not putting words to harm or hurt them. Even those who shot really well don't dare to say they are PROs or Seniors etc. They only say I did a couple of shot...not too good but I'm still learning. Learn to be humble and people will start respecting you and your passion. If you really love this passion, you should influence your passion to the newbies, not ruining it with your own ego and pride.

Status
Not open for further replies.