Evening Sunset at Lower Pierce on 25th Sep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

davsmiths

Nov 9, 2004
AMK
Hi,

It's been a year since I've picked up photography. Time to post my pics for critiques. Ready to accept all comments. Thank you for your time. :) Good day & enjoy.

IMG_0447PSweb.jpg

IMG_0454PSweb.jpg

IMG_0475PSweb.jpg

IMG_0473PSweb.jpg

i like no #1. i dunno if its just me but...no #3 looks a lil...yellow? it doesnt really look like the colour of the sun to me.

Thanks dude.

Oh, i did not do much post-processing on no.2 cause of the lack in colour contrast. The sun that day was yellowish.

Could it be my 1A filter that caused the yellowish?

Ok, looking at it again. I might have to turn down on the yellow cast.

Thanks man! :)

The photo with a slant doesn't work for me, but the rest are good :thumbsup: tries.

i think (1) and (4) are good .. maybe for (4) crop a little looser? ... as in put the sun in the corner ... not half in and half out? ....

dislike (3) ... feels like the water is flowing out of the pic :S

xray said:
The photo with a slant doesn't work for me, but the rest are good :thumbsup: tries.

haha. thnx xray. i was just trying out. i mean the 1/3, 2/3 rule are fine. thought wanna change it to diagonally 1/3,2/3. thnx man.

Expiredyoghurt:

hey. no.4 tt's e widest i can go. any further back it's down slope for me. no wide-angle lens. but i got your point. would love to have included the sun as well. :) gd day.

great listening to comments. thnx guys.

love #1! It's a pity the roof of the pavilion is 'merged' with the trees from the opposite shore, otherwise the impact would be even better.

Looks like most are agreed on #1 and #4.

Comments on #1: shld have waited a little while for the sun to go behind the pavillion. THen you get less glare and more interesting details in the pavillion's silhouette.

Comments on #4: nice colours but rather plain details. To be better need for more interesting cloud features, or skyline, or silhouette, etc

As an example of what #4 could be is here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/meltoledo/45690761/in/photostream/

hey

kclow, oh yea. i realised. if i do a b&w and slightly "burn" the pavilion roof... nah it dint turn out good. in other words, post-processing can save some images but composition must be spot on too. got my lesson.

espion, gotcha on no.1. see pic on no.4. thanx for ur lovely imput. :)

Pic #1 - worth to improve on
Exposure
The sun is a very difficult subject to shoot directly. Choosing the right timing to shoot it is crucial. Always bracket your shots when shooting sunsets. Judging from the white patch of both the sun and its reflection on the water, one step down should be better.

Composure
Composure is a very subjective matter but for this scene I would shot it in landscape for a better impact. Not all the case but usually, scenery with wide angle lense looks better in landscape. Also, I further reinforce what KCLow had said about the background tree and roof. Taking this picture from knee height level would certainly make a better impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.