Evening cruise ship

ruichi27

Jan 13, 2011
;p;p

IMG_1436.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

How to make the water smooth?
I know there abit blur cos i nv use triport. last min de.

to make the water smooth you need.... lots of shampoo and conditioner.

ok i mean:

1) TRIPOD
2) Shutter Speeds in excess of 15 seconds will help you.
3) if shutter speeds of 15 seconds and beyond can't be achieved, use ND filters.

to make the water smooth you need.... lots of shampoo and conditioner.

ok i mean:

1) TRIPOD
2) Shutter Speeds in excess of 15 seconds will help you.
3) if shutter speeds of 15 seconds and beyond can't be achieved, use ND filters.

thanks i try again next time. i no tripod so using the handrailling to support.guess still abit shakey:D

To make the water smooth, a tripod is a must so that those objects in your pictures that are not suppose to move will not move. Remember to set the aperture smaller and higher iso so that you can have longer exposure. Use the 2 second timer to ensure that you do not shake your camera when the mirror flips up.

But being in a cruise ship... There might be lots of vibration that u might not be able to get a sharp photo of long exposure...

But being in a cruise ship... There might be lots of vibration that u might not be able to get a sharp photo of long exposure...

He was probably standing on the Boardwalk when taking his photo and not on a ship.

Remember to set the aperture smaller and higher iso so that you can have longer exposure.

smaller aperture but with higher iso? doesnt that defeats the purpose of tryin to achieve longer exposure with smaller apertures?

i suggest u go read up on the exposure triangle again n not give the wrong advice to newbies.

To TS, it should be smaller apertures and shoot at LOWEST iso.

He was probably standing on the Boardwalk when taking his photo and not on a ship.

not the boardwalk if you were shooting from the boardwalk, u'd see the jetty/terminal on the left. TS is shooting from Vivo City

smaller aperture but with higher iso? doesnt that defeats the purpose of tryin to achieve longer exposure with smaller apertures?

i suggest u go read up on the exposure triangle again n not give the wrong advice to newbies.

To TS, it should be smaller apertures and shoot at LOWEST iso.

My apologies.. It should be lower, as in nearer to the ISO 100 range..

not the boardwalk if you were shooting from the boardwalk, u'd see the jetty/terminal on the left. TS is shooting from Vivo City

I was referring to Sentosa Boardwalk. It is on the same side as Vivocity.

I was referring to Sentosa Boardwalk. It is on the same side as Vivocity.

oooh not the Harborfront boardwalk you were referring to. i see i see.

i'm not too sure about whether the boardwalk's still fenced up for renovation. but if TS had shot from the sentosa boardwalk (the gateway), to get this shot, he/she'd has to use a telephoto lens, and then the FOV would be tighter than now.

TS is using a 50mm focal length. and i believe the image has been cropped as well and resized.

2 explanations:

1) image was shot from sentosa boardwalk and cropped to produce this image
2) image was shot from outside harborfront next to the jetty and just slight cropping was done.

thanks for all the comment. I didnt crop or resize the photos. i took the shot at sentosa boardwalk.;p the time ard 7.15pm.

Last edited: