Esplanade walkthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
Planet Nikon
Went lunch with sykestang, AJ23 & scanner. Walked down from padang side to esplanade for some Hagen Daz ice-cream, decided to play with the Nikon CIR-PL II filter.

Critiques & comments are welcome. :) Images post-processed in NC4 and resized+bordered in PS.

Swissotel
swissotel.jpg

17mm :: f/8 :: 1/320s :: ISO400

Our Glorious dead
gloriousdead.jpg

17mm :: f/8 :: 1/640s :: ISO400

Car bridge
carbridge.jpg

17mm :: f/8 :: 1/250s :: ISO400

CBD View beneath the durians
cbdview.jpg

20mm :: f/8 :: 1/250s :: ISO400

How come all the picure appears to be very noisy..other than that, I like the deep saturation of the colours. Cheers!

Jer said:
How come all the picure appears to be very noisy..other than that, I like the deep saturation of the colours. Cheers!
how to see that the pic is very noisy?

Ice said:
how to see that the pic is very noisy?

The colour is not smooth. You can see some grains on the pic. Perhaps it could be the higher ISO used.

oeyvind said:
+20% or more on saturation? :bigeyes:
Urm... as discussed & spoken on IRC, I believed I pushed the saturation in NC4.1 and then pushed it further in PS. :sweat:

Madmax said:
The colour is not smooth. You can see some grains on the pic. Perhaps it could be the higher ISO used.
Hmmm thanks for pointing that out, will see what I can do, fortunately they were shot in RAW. Heehee... :)

ckiang said:
Looks more like JPEG compression rather than noise.

Regards
CK
Thanks CK, I normally save it as level 7 compression in PS, perhaps... or maybe it's my over USM/Sharpening causing the pixelation.

I still got a lot more to learn.

Thanks folks for your feedback & comments, really appreciate it. Keep them coming :)

Though such deep saturation and contrast make look good at first, I feel its a bit over done. The details in the shadow areas seem to have been clipped in the process.

But i must say, shots taken with a polariser does seem so much denser and unreal.

Thanks marc, how's your studies coming along? ;)

I'll take note of the saturation next time, seems to me that I shouldn't try too hard to make the sky as blue & as saturated, thanks to all who've commented on the shots, I'll bear in mind your suggestions/comments :)

:)

espn: remember also that if the contrast goes up, the saturation will be up as well. The gave away on your saturation use was the color of the WWI monuments & the durian in the background.

Thanks oeyvind for the highlight, will take note of that, too ambitious I guess. :embrass: Will try again soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.