Esplanade Cancel New Year Eve Fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.
szekiat said:
sigh...i prefer the irish way of looking at things. Their souls are with god now. Rejoice for they have reached a better place. Let us look not at what has passed but ahead into the future.
Problem is they are not Irish ..... also not 1 soul but probably 150,000 souls ...... even Heaven will be too packed now .... sigh.... ;-(
even Singaporeans, we are talking about a possible 150!

Maybe they can turn this fireworks thing into a donation drive.
Set a target and when we hit it, set off the fireworks!
And maybe along the way, every $5000 will set off 1 firework.
Every fireworks we manage to fire off will be a hope for them......

Just a thought....

Canonised said:
Problem is they are not Irish ..... also not 1 soul but probably 150,000 souls ...... even Heaven will be too packed now .... sigh.... ;-(
even Singaporeans, we are talking about a possible 150!
it's really very sad... everyday brings news footage of grieving people crying their hearts out as they talk abt their loved ones who died...

Cursor said:
Maybe they can turn this fireworks thing into a donation drive.
Set a target and when we hit it, set off the fireworks!
And maybe along the way, every $5000 will set off 1 firework.
Every fireworks we manage to fire off will be a hope for them......

Just a thought....
half of your idea is going to take place. they will turn the various new year parties into partial fund raisers. they will set up donation boxes and encourage people to donate.

no fireworks though. i think fireworks are still alittle too representative of merry making... so better not to fire any off regardless of the justification...

obviousdude said:
half of your idea is going to take place. they will turn the various new year parties into partial fund raisers. they will set up donation boxes and encourage people to donate.

no fireworks though. i think fireworks are still alittle too representative of merry making... so better not to fire any off regardless of the justification...
True, something more quiet will be great. Like switch on the lights in the Tallest building level by level with every 10K donation. Or the street lights, or candles...... lights always mean hopes for most people....

this is a great thread from all of u... agree in all the things... felt so sad to hear n see reports of the increasing number of deaths each day...

i will pray hard for those who survive the Tsunami and also family who has lost their love ones... n thanks to all the countries helping out...

rueyloon said:
Yo, I'll be there as well, I'm the roving photographer for the Esplanade that night. Supposed to be going to the 65th floor for the fireworks, now I'll moving around the Esplanade Ground. If you see a guy using a Canon Camera with a Nikon Flash, that's me, because my canon flash is in the hospital.

Cheers !!

RL.... Mr Mori is going up the hotel with Michael..Jack Yam will be with me.... hopfully can get u or ken cheong with me... coz i dun know jack...hahah

Cursor said:
True, something more quiet will be great. Like switch on the lights in the Tallest building level by level with every 10K donation. Or the street lights, or candles...... lights always mean hopes for most people....
that's a very good idea!

and it'll make quite a dramatic image won't it? it'll be like a beacon to motivate people further away to donate as well when they see the lights get higher up the building.

write in and suggestion dude. may not be in time for this year end, but may be chinese new year or something.

Happy New Year to all of you out here...May God Bless not only us, but to everyone related to Tsunami tragedy..

sorry guys.. its a sad year end, really dont felt happy to celebrate..

Status
Not open for further replies.