Equipment or the man behind it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yo guys, see lotsa "touching" photo in this forum(taiwan)...

http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail.php?f=248&t=596674&last=5868824

frankly I bought DSLR becoz I wan2 shoot that kind of photo...
choose A350 because of its price x features...
but realize its about the man behind the equipment that count...
BTW, that guy used D70.:thumbsup:

fabulous shots....def the man behind the equipment that counts! :thumbsup:

yo guys, see lotsa "touching" photo in this forum(taiwan)...

http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail.php?f=248&t=596674&last=5868824

frankly I bought DSLR becoz I wan2 shoot that kind of photo...
choose A350 because of its price x features...
but realize its about the man behind the equipment that count...
BTW, that guy used D70.:thumbsup:

Have you found out why you cannot shoot those photos? You can...just keep practising and improving.

both.

and the third thing people always fail to mention or maybe never think about - the subjects, including the people and the environment.

imo,

equipment 50%
man 50%

both are important..

well..

the truth is, you have to know about photography first before shooting. this is plainly to control exposure, framing techniques, etc.

then there is equipment. where you can control the depth of field and if it can survive the ruggedness condition of it.

then it depends if you have to anywhere to go, because if you shoot the same thing over and over again, it might not be as exciting.

then there is the issue if you have a nice subject to shoot or if you are able to capture it at the right moment.

then there is if you know how to set the settings right to get the desired picture. then it starts from the begining once more.

Both.

This has been a long drawn arguement
Assuming all else equal
There are shots that a 600mm can do that a 50mm can't.
There are some shots that a D3 with an 85mm/1.4 can do that a D70 with a 16-85mm can't.

Extreme comparisons. But the idea is u will of course need the right person to do the job. U also need the right tools to perform task specific requirements when needed.

Ryan

I believe this question has been asked many times and the answer only lies at your doorstep. Being at the right place, right time with the right equipment, is all a matter luck and opportunity. Keep practising your technical skills until you can't get it wrong. When you see that moment, you shoot with confidence and not worrying about bokeh, mode etc because the bottom line is all that matters most are the pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.