Equipment for Wedding Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

flipside

Jan 12, 2006
hello peeps,

ive been interested in photography d past couple of years and thinking of doing some weddings on d side. i went to a few weddings last year and took pix as a guest and was able to come out with some nice lookin pix according to friends whilst just using a point and shoot canon A70. anyway, i bought d eos20d a few months ago and have 2 lenses: 17-85 mm 4.0-5.6 IS and the classic 50 mm 1.8. i have d battery grip but i dont have a flash yet as i prefer to use natural lighting (plus im yet to learn flash photography). what more do i need to be fully equiped for weddings in terms of lenses, reflectors, etc.?

wat u have is fine, perhaps add the flash. for available light photography u might wanna try faster lenses.. but then again what you have may work.

main thing is you. the best equipment is YOU. :)

some pple may ask then, why do some wedding photographers use such high end equipment? well, if you can afford it, get the best lar! totally different concept altogether. :)

flipside said:
hello peeps,

ive been interested in photography d past couple of years and thinking of doing some weddings on d side. i went to a few weddings last year and took pix as a guest and was able to come out with some nice lookin pix according to friends whilst just using a point and shoot canon A70. anyway, i bought d eos20d a few months ago and have 2 lenses: 17-85 mm 4.0-5.6 IS and the classic 50 mm 1.8. i have d battery grip but i dont have a flash yet as i prefer to use natural lighting (plus im yet to learn flash photography). what more do i need to be fully equiped for weddings in terms of lenses, reflectors, etc.?

Wedding day event?
Depand on your style, 17~85 the range is good enought, you need a hotshoe flash, shoot with avaliable light? is harder than shoot with flash.

flipside said:
2 lenses: 17-85 mm 4.0-5.6 IS and the classic 50 mm 1.8. i have d battery grip but i dont have a flash yet as i prefer to use natural lighting
Lens are more than enough, flash gun eg 550EX or 580EX is required.

Agreed with ortega and tunster.

wedding photography need far far more than just camera, lenses, alone

But not all or many people understand these.

So for now, I only tell them what they WANT to know, not they NEED to know.

ortega said:
not to forget clean socks without holes
Hehehehe... that's a good one! Nowadays I am more worried about my socks than my camera gear. ;p

Hi flipside,

are you from flipside productions? Just curious though :cool:

Get everything most expensive in Canon's arsenal, it'll help.

Status
Not open for further replies.