EPSON Perfection V370 - Has anyone encountered this?

iceman

Jan 28, 2003
near e4
Visit site
After scanning for some time, there is a strip of colour (may be blue, yellow) that run across the scanned image. If I turn off the scanner and re-scan the negative, the strip of colour disappears.

Has anyone encountered this?

thanks in advance.

After scanning for some time, there is a strip of colour (may be blue, yellow) that run across the scanned image. If I turn off the scanner and re-scan the negative, the strip of colour disappears.

Has anyone encountered this?

thanks in advance.

Not to your issue.. i m using v700. i noticed that if i batch scan more than 5 photos (1strip or so), going to next strip.. while using ektapress (kodak film), the color actually turns blue-ish for the rest of the photos other than the first 5 (as the color profile for that particular film is disabled for some reason after 5 photos).. i believe its more towards the problem of the software bug (which is silverfast se bundled with the scanner, in my case). i have no issues scanning other film (portra 400) all at one shot. You have issues scanning all different types of films? Maybe also try using other software such as vuescan as well to test it out.

Not to your issue.. i m using v700. i noticed that if i batch scan more than 5 photos (1strip or so), going to next strip.. while using ektapress (kodak film), the color actually turns blue-ish for the rest of the photos other than the first 5 (as the color profile for that particular film is disabled for some reason after 5 photos).. i believe its more towards the problem of the software bug (which is silverfast se bundled with the scanner, in my case). i have no issues scanning other film (portra 400) all at one shot. You have issues scanning all different types of films? Maybe also try using other software such as vuescan as well to test it out.

Thanks for the reply. I did not use any other software. As to the films, I've scanned Ilford and Fuji Superia. No problem with the first 10+ rows of film. Now, after scanning for some time, a thin strip of colour (blue, purplish or yellowish) will appear across the entire strip. Not sure if there's a problem with the scanner.

I do encounter the scanned colour images to be yellowish or bluish, but I think it is because of the age of the film.

Sometimes its the edge of the scanner glass that's dirty. You might want to clean it. There's some calibration going on at the edge of the glass before the CCD unit runs the scan.

Sometimes its the edge of the scanner glass that's dirty. You might want to clean it. There's some calibration going on at the edge of the glass before the CCD unit runs the scan.

Thanks for the reply. Will this affect all the negatives in a strip of film? I observed the "colour strip" only after scanning for say 30 mins to an hour.