Status
Not open for further replies.

xllms

Jan 31, 2002
AngMoKio, Singapore
Visit site
Hi guys,

I have jus bought the above scanner

I have did an initial scan on my slides n realised tat there is a purplish tint on the final results...even after using color correction, i can't remove it, esp the edges of the images

can someone pls help me?...

and does anyone know which scanner (to scan slides) does offer accurate n natural effect on scanning

thanks

xllms

Have you tried using Levels and Eyedropper tool in Photoshop to remove the purple tinge? Do the colours on the slide itself look normal or are they purple too? I seldom scan slides but I never had such a situation with the negatives I scan except for a 25+ year old negative that had changed colour.

CY_OH said:
Have you tried using Levels and Eyedropper tool in Photoshop to remove the purple tinge? Do the colours on the slide itself look normal or are they purple too? I seldom scan slides but I never had such a situation with the negatives I scan except for a 25+ year old negative that had changed colour.

i'll try tat in a while...as for the colors of the slides...they do not have tat purplish tint...they are normal...if its blue is brilliant blue, if white, its pure white...but after i scanned it w this scanner, the blue looks faded n looks more like purplish and the white has purplish tints

even if i can correct the purplish tint w ur suggestion, it doesn't make sense tat i do this cos i will be doing on all my slides!!!

xllms

You need to set the color profile for the particular batch of slides... From experience, each batch (roll) of slide will vary slightly...

Anyways, start your EPSON scan, select professional mode, under adjustments, click on image adjustments. Make the necessary changes to the color balance, preview. If you like what you see, save that and scan the roll of film. You can also do this on Photoshop if you scan directly onto Photoshop since the interface is the same.

alangoh said:
You need to set the color profile for the particular batch of slides... From experience, each batch (roll) of slide will vary slightly...

Anyways, start your EPSON scan, select professional mode, under adjustments, click on image adjustments. Make the necessary changes to the color balance, preview. If you like what you see, save that and scan the roll of film. You can also do this on Photoshop if you scan directly onto Photoshop since the interface is the same.

i've realised tat its my PHOTOSHOP tat is the problem...the color is not caliberated properly such tat all images in this program has this purplish tint...but if i use other programs, it does not happen

can someone advise me how to set my PHOTOSHOP 7 to be at the most natural colour setting?

xllms

Have you tried scanning the slide with simple mode setting? Don't touch anything on the colours and let the scanner scan for you.
Then see if the result is still the same, if yes, then, you could return the scanner and get a replacement.

chantyeroop said:
Have you tried scanning the slide with simple mode setting? Don't touch anything on the colours and let the scanner scan for you.
Then see if the result is still the same, if yes, then, you could return the scanner and get a replacement.

i scanned w simple mood, the results are pretty similar (tat exactly perfect but close) but when i open the file in PHOTOSHOP7, the color all changes...however this change of colors do not happen in our graphics software eg. Windows Picture Viewer

I think i need to change the color setting on Photoshop, which i have no idea how to do so

xllms

So looks like it's the setting in the Photoshop 7.

Launch Photoshop 7 and go to Color Setting (should be under Edit or File) and you would be able to change the colour profile for the display monitor. Try to use either sRGB or your monitor calibrated profile if you have created one.

chantyeroop said:
So looks like it's the setting in the Photoshop 7.

Launch Photoshop 7 and go to Color Setting (should be under Edit or File) and you would be able to change the colour profile for the display monitor. Try to use either sRGB or your monitor calibrated profile if you have created one.

thanks for ur advise

initially my Photoshop 7 was set at sRGB, thats why all my pics have the purplish tint...now set at the monitor caliberated profile (Samsung ICM profile - me using Samsung 173T LCD)...the pictures look faded, lack the richness in colors as compared to the slides i have

anyone has any advice?

xllms

How do find the scanner n wat is the price?
I m interested of getting a scanner but m deciding between a flatbed and dedicated film scanner.
Read in Photoi about this scanner with AFL so wonder if it can meet my needs.

LeeTL said:
How do find the scanner n wat is the price?
I m interested of getting a scanner but m deciding between a flatbed and dedicated film scanner.
Read in Photoi about this scanner with AFL so wonder if it can meet my needs.

the price of this scanner is $338...the performance is ok, but it failed to bring out the real quality of slides in my opinion...have yet to try other scanners to comment...but to my naked eyes, it jus feel something is lacking

wat u can do is go to the epson and canon showroom and test out all their scanners to see the difference..this is something i didn't do which i sort of regret

xllms

Was think of getting this scanner to scan negatives, perhaps I should re-consider.

jwts said:
Was think of getting this scanner to scan negatives, perhaps I should re-consider.

do give this scanner a 2nd chance...bring ur negatives to epson showroom n test it out to see for ursef...me not too experienced in scanning stuffs anyway...

u can also test the canon scanners at canon showroom

both are in funan

have fun n do let me know which u prefer

xllms

Status
Not open for further replies.