Epson digital rangefinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amfibius

Deregistered
Jan 26, 2004
Perth
Cribbed from dpreview:

"The Japanese IT news website Impress PC Watch has today posted a hands-on article with Epson's unique and unusual R-D1 rangefinder digital camera. This camera is a joint development between Epson and Cosina, it supports Leica M and L mount lenses and features a six megapixel APS size CCD sensor. The R-D1 was first revealed by Epson at PMA (behind glass), more detail and a full press release was published later. This new article (published in Japanese) is a hands-on with the R-D1 and contains a set of (fairly average) samples taken with the camera in combination with a range of different prime lenses."

Link to Jappo Webby

Anyone who can read Japanese tell me what's going on there? :D

Another digital classic to watch, Leica M9. :)

2100 said:
Another digital classic to watch, Leica M9. :)

Leica will not launch digital rangefinder this way. They would launch a digital back for its existing M-series rangefinders, it would capture a bigger market-share this way (since there are many M-series camera since 1954!).
They already had Digilux 1 & 2 on the market liao and I dun think they will launch something like M9. (Besides, I think the design of the Leica M-series cannot be further improve somehow, it is the best design ever!)

Status
Not open for further replies.