EP3 on sale now in Kuala Lumpur at RM3199 all in

achanth

Dec 12, 2005
www.photography-xylec.blogspot.com
Would like to inform my fellow clubsnappers the EP3 is on sale in Kuala Lumpur from Thursday 14 July, and I quickly bought one. Although 20 back orders were in store, there was - usual only 2 extra cameras. Price is RM3199 (S$1279). Only free 8GB Class 4 SD Card.

Read my quick play with the camera, and more details in www.photography-camera.com

Is this the top micro four-thirds camera of 2011? These are the features that show it is nearly there:

i) Small size, light, mirrow less, and yet with DSLR sensor
ii)Autofocusing with v2 of 14-42mm lens was really fast...like 12-60mm Zuiko lens on E5. However, which was faster? Of course the 12-60mm on E5 was a tad faster.
iii)Compared to E5 with 12-60mm which weighs a "tonne", the EP3 was a feather weight.
iv)Yet the production of the images was excellent.
v) Video was a breeze, on top of which, you can re-focus even when shooting, to ensure sharpness.
vi)Design of the camera tended towards simplicity, but the features with art filters, and pre-sets, pack the camera to be as easy to use as compact.
vii)Tried focusing even in pitch dark...no hunting ,unlike cameras which tend to hunt, there was no such problems.

Of course, being a micro four-thirds camera, the sharpness and image could not be compared to the E5 using the 12-60mm f2.8 lens. When I attached the 12-60mm on to the EP3, the image was equally sharp, although speed was not as fast with the micro 14-42mm EP3 lens.

So far, I am happy with this small sized, good image production, EP3.
I recommend that you purchase this and enjoy!

Although I also own the E5, Canon 7D and Nikon D700 full frame, I feel the EP3 size and light weight a great advantage, as I take lots of photographs whenever I go for a holiday and travel (more than 2,000 images easily!).

Here are a few images (the video format from EP3 does not load well on this blog, though!)

A. The packaged offer is minimalist: Olympus viewer2 software, cables and instruction manual
see photographycameraforbeginners.blogspot.com for a quick view.

Last edited:
Did you see any 12mm lens? How much?

wow, thats pretty swift

I wanted the 12mm, but not in yet. Even the bag to fit the EP3 not in yet. Tomorrow in PJ, on Saturday morning and afternoon, there are user sessions for the public to try.

China dealers selling now for S$1,134 plus screen protector, lens filter. Can bargain down some more if sales is motto hot that day. Not bad a deal. Only throwing in a 4 GB SD card though...

E-P3 body only China price $982 nett with screen protector. Nice.

gd deal, very close to USA online prices. need to add 4% for receipt? which part of china is that? tks for sharing.

gd deal, very close to USA online prices. need to add 4% for receipt? which part of china is that? tks for sharing.
That is "listed street" from Beijing. I think you can get even better prices from Shanghai dealers if you have regular shops you go to. Most shops these days will not ask for the additional charge if you are not asking for company tax receipts. Personal invoices are enough to get your warranty claims anyway. From my experience that is.

awesome bro, tks!

just an innocent question...

nowadays everything in china has an imitation, is camera safe to buy?

joeists said:

Made in japan does not mean its fully made there. Most parts or components are still made from different countries and only get to finally assembled in japan.

If u dun trust made in china, seriously, then u have nothing to buy.

Remember, china is also known as the world factory.

joeists said:

Actually the "made in xxx" can be misleading... doesn't mean that everything is manufactured in that country from scratch. A good example is "Swiss made" watches...as long as substantial portion of the manufacturing process is in Switzerland, manufacturer can label it as "Swiss made".

I think what is more important is the technology and R&D, and the reputation of the manufacturer.

Last edited:
The EP3 is designed in Tokyo, Made in China.

The 14-42mm lens is Made in China.

Picture quality is very good.

IPhone is also made in China, no complaints so far. Actually, any country can make good quality goods, if given the good cost of production.

Back to EP3. The picture was taken with E5 of the poster 5 foot portrait shown in Olympus EP3 end user introduction workshop.

20110716_01.jpg

Using 12mm lens: Taken with EP3
P1010149.jpg

Using 14-42mm lens: at 40mm with EP3
P1010283_01.jpg

Yes it is, at good merchants. This calls for some street sense and good product knowledge on what you are buying. More likely you will be met with a "Lucky Plaza salesman" problem of not giving you a charger, etc. You have to be street smart to buy stuff in China.

And if you are street smart and a good bargain buyer, chances are you will get the best prices on earth...

microcosm said:
E-P3 body only China price $982 nett with screen protector. Nice.

Ahhh... Thats seems to be the BEST price.