EOS 7D user,information sharing thread.

what happens if you want to calibrate a tamron lens with a 7D body? i understand that CSC most probably will not calibrate it but is there anywhere that i can calibrate it? i am current using microadjustments to solve my front focus problem with 17-50.

Not sure abt tamron. As for sigma, you can bring back to Sigma distributor to do calibration. Got to make appointment and bring down the cam.

collected my 7D and 24-105L couple of days back. AF seems fixed but i'm getting the err01 pretty often now. at 24mm, it works perfectly fine but once i tele a lil, you can hear probably the IS of some focusing motor constantly moving...

another i realised is that my file num changed from 1xxx to 5xxx after collection. strange...
If you still have a chance to do 1-for-1 exchange, do it ASAP. You really don't want to have to worry about error code from a brand new camera and lens. If I were you, I will be asking them for another set.

As for the change of file number, I believe you have put in your own memory card and the one that you put in was used in another camera. Canon camera's default is to take the higher number and increment it by one so if you camera starts with 0001 and you put in a memory card which ends with file number 5001, then your next file number in your camera will become 5002.

Sam from John3:16 says that Canon will resolve most issues with firmware upgrade...not sure all these issues are caused by hardware or firmware...

Sam from John3:16 says that Canon will resolve most issues with firmware upgrade...not sure all these issues are caused by hardware or firmware...

I won't trust what Sam says.

Not sure abt tamron. As for sigma, you can bring back to Sigma distributor to do calibration. Got to make appointment and bring down the cam.

just brought my cam with the 17-50 to CSC. and brought it back :bsmilie:

:cry:

Anyone had any problems with the 7D battery? I just bought it last week. After first charge, everything seemed fine at first, camera recognised full battery. But after it goes to sleep or turning it off, I tried to turn it on again and sometimes it prompts that the battery is empty. I had to remove the battery and slot it in again.

brought my 7D and EFS17-55 for csc the second time round due to soft focus.

after calibrating the camera with the lens...i am beginning to love this tact sharp lens and my camera more.

brought my 7D and EFS17-55 for csc the second time round due to soft focus.

after calibrating the camera with the lens...i am beginning to love this tact sharp lens and my camera more.

I regret not getting this lens :cry:. Now cannot calibrate with the tamron

Anyone had any problems with the 7D battery? I just bought it last week. After first charge, everything seemed fine at first, camera recognised full battery. But after it goes to sleep or turning it off, I tried to turn it on again and sometimes it prompts that the battery is empty. I had to remove the battery and slot it in again.

Did you leave the battery to charge for ~ 8 hours the time round? Is that the original battery? I don't have issues with mine.

It is always desirable to calibrate lens with camera. CSC is capable of doing a perfect job. But if they try to calibrate camera to lens... you'll go crazy. :bsmilie:

thanks doodah. don't think I did. I'll use up the battery and give it a full charge to see how it goes.

If you still have a chance to do 1-for-1 exchange, do it ASAP. You really don't want to have to worry about error code from a brand new camera and lens. If I were you, I will be asking them for another set.

As for the change of file number, I believe you have put in your own memory card and the one that you put in was used in another camera. Canon camera's default is to take the higher number and increment it by one so if you camera starts with 0001 and you put in a memory card which ends with file number 5001, then your next file number in your camera will become 5002.

thanks bro. canon told me the lens needs to repaired. i'm giving them a chance to fix it. i expect perfection from a 7D and L lens! that's basic expectations i assume!

Hi, I would like to get advise on the menory card to be use with 7D . is a 15Mb/s card more than good ? please advise . Thanks

Hi, I would like to get advise on the menory card to be use with 7D . is a 15Mb/s card more than good ? please advise . Thanks
*do correct me if wrong*

the write speed of the 7D is 35mbps so if u wanna go for high speed shooting that getting something at least 30mbps would be good. Of cos the 15mbps would do fine if you are the one shot type :)

Hi,
I have a 7D with 17-55mm and speedlite 580EX. Im curious about the wireless flash transmitter function. Does it mean I do not need to attach my flash onto the 7D (master) to control it as a slave?

Thanks for the advise but i see nothing indicating in the manual about 35Mb/s or did i miss it ?

Hi,
I have a 7D with 17-55mm and speedlite 580EX. Im curious about the wireless flash transmitter function. Does it mean I do not need to attach my flash onto the 7D (master) to control it as a slave?

yes. the cam has built in transmitter that will trigger the flash wirelessly... however the down side is that the pop up flash has to be fired as well...

it's more advisable to get smth with 30mb/s write speed such as sandisk extreme III or the new ultra II... this will ensure that your mutiple burst wont stop aft a few shots...

any idea where we should get our tamron calibrated? like is there any 3rd party shops that provide this service as well?

i called tamron, they said can bring down to their office to get them calibrated. i think should be fine. But don't know how long will it take. Canon normally takes 1 week to do the job. I don't feel at ease to leave my camera there :sweat:

yes. the cam has built in transmitter that will trigger the flash wirelessly... however the down side is that the pop up flash has to be fired as well...

I have tried. You need to open up your flash but need not to fire your onboard flash. Again, how much batt is consume on this transmission, we didn't know.