Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 50.0mm
CCD Width: 23.04mm
Exposure Time: 0.010 s (1/100)
Aperture: f/3.2
ISO equiv: 1600
White Balance: Auto
Exposure Mode: Manual

Does mentioning clubsnap help to lower the price when you are buying a DSLR?

So far CP quoted me 2410 for the body if i pay by cash.

I got the 7D when it was first released and was one of the unlucky ones who had MAJOR AF problems with that camera.

CSC tried to calibrate the camera but I am not sure how thorough they were. The entire calibration procedure can take DAYS especially when multiple zoom lenses are involved as outlined here. They usually try to cut corners and that link I just provided explains why.

Anyway, I finally gave up on the whole CSC calibration thing after going back and forth 5 times for more than a month. I asked for a replacement and CSC graciously acquiesced to my request. The replacement is from the latest batch of 7D from Japan.

I can confirm AF of the replacement is a drastic improvement from my original copy.

Sensor performs slightly better at low ISO and slightly poorer at very high ISO (6400 etc), as compared to my first copy. Couldn't be happier. :bsmilie: It is also free from low ISO banding (see here for example).

AF is NOT perfect though as compared to my el cheapo 450D: area AF for flat distant subject is iffy. Also, there is also some slight non-linearity in the 'gain' adjustment wrt subject distance (slightly back-focus near minimum focusing distance)... but MUCH better than my original copy after CSC calibration. Also, 'gain' adjustment wrt to different focal lengths in my zoom lenses works VERY well, so any micro-adjustment setting at the tele end works just as well at the wide end. :cool: The last point is an indication of a relatively well calibrated AF sensor (see here for details) since my primary zoom lens was perfectly calibrated to my 450D body.

If you plan to only use ONE camera body and multiple lenses, I strongly recommend you bring ALL your lenses to CSC and request for them to be calibrated for that one body. Seems like CSC does much better when they adjust lenses to body than vice versa. The fact that lenses need to be perfectly matched to EACH camera body is also discussed in detail at this website maintained by a lens rental shop. Since I am holding on to two camera bodies (one with and one without AF adjustment), I am willing to make some sacrifices.

Serial number of replacement is 0430xxxxxx. The serial numbers of early batches start with 02... I understand that even some cameras with serial numbers starting with 03... are problematic as experienced by another unfortunate owner here. In short, avoid cameras with early serial numbers: they either have problematic imaging or AF sensors.

Is the calibration free?

Serviced under warranty. So, yes, it's free.

Cool!
Any idea how long will it take to calibrate 3 lens?
Do they calibrate 3rd party lens?

Cool!
Any idea how long will it take to calibrate 3 lens?
Do they calibrate 3rd party lens?

3rd party lens you wait long long for canon to calibrate....they will help you to uncalibrate so that you can get a Canon lens for them to calibrate.:bsmilie::sweatsm:

3rd party lens you wait long long for canon to calibrate....they will help you to uncalibrate so that you can get a Canon lens for them to calibrate.:bsmilie::sweatsm:

It's their job and I did get a Canon body. They should do so...It would show their generosity:D
Hahaha:bsmilie:

anyone interested in the 15-85 lens and wouldn't mind chipping in if i buy the 7d kit w/ 15-85 (i only want the body)?? it will be cheaper for the both of us this way if im not mistaken.. planning to buy today if there are stocks in cathay or john (whichever is cheaper).. sms me if you're interested @ 93298252 Thanks!

hey guys, just wanted to share that i got a bg-e7 + lp-e6 for my 7d from ms color at $355 (bg-e7 $240 + lp-e6 $115)

Hi Ridney
Must you buy the battery in order to get $240 for the BG-E7?
Hopefully not as I just need the BG-E7.

TCW is selling it for $285.

Hi Ridney
Must you buy the battery in order to get $240 for the BG-E7?
Hopefully not as I just need the BG-E7.

TCW is selling it for $285.

no, you don't need to. Selling price was $279 but then i asked for a discount and they gave it to me for $240 before i even mentioned i'm getting a battery

the calibration really takes 1 whole week? :(

the calibration really takes 1 whole week? :(

It better let csc has sufficient time for calibration, Best provide the lens together with Cam body.
5 working day it not much for them. If you tekan them for Shorter lead time.
It may not has much time to perform better calibration for the cam.

just sent my 24-105 with the 7D for checking. I have a bit of a back focusing issue after using the quick focus chart

It better let csc has sufficient time for calibration, Best provide the lens together with Cam body.
5 working day it not much for them. If you tekan them for Shorter lead time.
It may not has much time to perform better calibration for the cam.

the calibration done by them would be microadjust too right? :D.

sigh. i brought the camera there hoping can finish in 2 days. but they said 5 working days. so gotta bring it back home again...

the calibration done by them would be microadjust too right? :D.

You may enquiry CSC , what the calibration are involved on the cam body with the lens?
If just to microadjustment. you may can do it at home with refer to cam manual.:)

sigh. i brought the camera there hoping can finish in 2 days. but they said 5 working days. so gotta bring it back home again...

Seen it 5 need working day, what the difference is another 3 more day it needed, unless you planned something need to do with cam.;) as you may expected 2 day can do the jobs.
they need to serve other customer also .Unless you willing pay for extra express service and demand the job done on the spot.

Seen it 5 need working day, what the difference is another 3 more day it needed, unless you planned something need to do with cam.;) as you may expected 2 day can do the jobs.
they need to serve other customer also .Unless you willing pay for extra express service and demand the job done on the spot.

Join CPS and you get free express service at 35% off regular service price.

collected my 7D and 24-105L couple of days back. AF seems fixed but i'm getting the err01 pretty often now. at 24mm, it works perfectly fine but once i tele a lil, you can hear probably the IS of some focusing motor constantly moving...

another i realised is that my file num changed from 1xxx to 5xxx after collection. strange...

collected my 7D and 24-105L couple of days back. AF seems fixed but i'm getting the err01 pretty often now. at 24mm, it works perfectly fine but once i tele a lil, you can hear probably the IS of some focusing motor constantly moving...

another i realised is that my file num changed from 1xxx to 5xxx after collection. strange...

i) Error code counter measures

Err 01 Clean the lens contacts.

Err 02 There is a problem with the CF card. Do one of the following: Remove and reload the CF card, format the CF card, or use another CF card.

Err 04 The CF card is full. Delete unnecessary images or replace the CF card.

Err 05 Something obstructed the built-in flash’s pop-up operation. Turn off the main switch and turn it on again.

Err 99 An error other than the above has occurred. Remove and re-install the battery.

ii) Sound produced by IS motor is common

iii) Camera CONTINUES from the last file number reflected in the inserted CF card. So, change of file number is not a surprise.

i) Error code counter measures

Err 01 Clean the lens contacts.

Err 02 There is a problem with the CF card. Do one of the following: Remove and reload the CF card, format the CF card, or use another CF card.

Err 04 The CF card is full. Delete unnecessary images or replace the CF card.

Err 05 Something obstructed the built-in flash’s pop-up operation. Turn off the main switch and turn it on again.

Err 99 An error other than the above has occurred. Remove and re-install the battery.

ii) Sound produced by IS motor is common

iii) Camera CONTINUES from the last file number reflected in the inserted CF card. So, change of file number is not a surprise.

sound like contact point is dirty. last time i encounter this was when i went to china yun nan, at the end CSC change a part in my lens and cost me hundred :rolleyes:

what happens if you want to calibrate a tamron lens with a 7D body? i understand that CSC most probably will not calibrate it but is there anywhere that i can calibrate it? i am current using microadjustments to solve my front focus problem with 17-50.