EOS 7D user,information sharing thread.

Got my BG-E7 today, was put off by the made in taiwan quality at first, but decided to keep it as it's really a lifesaver for your arms after taking a few portrait shots.

$235.40.

Hey could I know where you get your Battery Grip from?...
Anyway didn't have a nice experience with John 3:16 when I was there to get my 7D battery grip...
Eventually did'n't bought the battery grip from them....

Last edited:
Got my BG-E7 today, was put off by the made in taiwan quality at first, but decided to keep it as it's really a lifesaver for your arms after taking a few portrait shots.

$235.40.

If i'm not wrong it's still made of plastic similarly to BG-E2/N, that's perhaps why it might feel like that.

If anyone is organizing a "7D outing" keep me posted yah...

You can use 7D for landscape- the result is normal pic quality.

Similarly, is 5D made for sports since the focusing is much slower.

Is this your opinion or is it a fact? I have not read anywhere that 7D is made more for sports than landscape. The speed of it's Af will also depend very much on the lens used. Similarly, it's IQ on landscape photography will also depend on the lens used.

Is this your opinion or is it a fact? I have not read anywhere that 7D is made more for sports than landscape. The speed of it's Af will also depend very much on the lens used. Similarly, it's IQ on landscape photography will also depend on the lens used.

I think it's his opinion. Sports need slower AF? A bit of a joke though.

Anyone tried taken video @ 1080p with 24frames and converting? Tried converting with xvid4psp, but image dosent show, its a grey screen.
When i open with Adobe Premier Pro and Cyberlink PowerDirector, video and audio dosent sync, video is very laggy.

maybe i should try raw sometime then....shoot in jpeg 100% of time and never seen this softness .

I notice 7D buyers after buying normally don't offer remarks or complaints, all the serious reviews seems to come from those not yet pruchase. Ok, dpreview has a list of focus problem owners, but certainly not from CS.

I notice 7D buyers after buying normally don't offer remarks or complaints, all the serious reviews seems to come from those not yet pruchase. Ok, dpreview has a list of focus problem owners, but certainly not from CS.

Maybe a 7D owner could post some 100% crops? Any takers?

Maybe a 7D owner could post some 100% crops? Any takers?

IMG_0879.JPG

Just to share a great feature of 7D.

I've attended the seminar by Bob Madden over the weekend and during the session, Bob talked about using Auto ISO in M Mode. Essentially, you could decide the Shutter speed and Aperture in M mode and let the 7D decide the ISO (from ISO100-3200). Before this (with 500D), I've always shot in Av mode by selecting the Aperture and ISO. Hence, I tried using M Mode with Auto ISO over the weekend on 7D and I must say I'm LOVING :kiss::heart::thumbsup: this feature on 7D. It gives me total control of both the Shutter speed and Aperture with great ease and convenience. With the "usability" (my subjective opinion) of ISO3200 on 7D, I've no hesitation of using the M Mode anymore and will be using it with Auto ISO from now on.

There is this saying... if one has nothing better to say..better don't say... Someone asked me "Is this your opinion or is it a fact?".. i better not say anything more... because i do not own 7D or 5D mkII.

perhaps some f-values etc.. might be helpful as well. I don't think you shot this with a macro lens, not that sharp to me.

To be honest I find my d80 sharper than this ....... the above is taken with 17-55 f2.8 ai servo mode..

I feel that its more to do with user fault than the sharpness of the camera and lens.... I need more time to play with the camera..

So far its not as razor sharp as I have hoped...

But the object is a moving object at 100% crop...

To be honest I find my d80 sharper than this ....... the above is taken with 17-55 f2.8 ai servo mode..

I feel that its more to do with user fault than the sharpness of the camera and lens.... I need more time to play with the camera..

So far its not as razor sharp as I have hoped...

But the object is a moving object at 100% crop...

AI Servo? Swinging keychain?

Actually there is more than enough discussion on the Darwin Wigget 7D online fiasco and 7D focusing problems. So I guess we'll just read other forums! But thanks for the post though.

Cameralabs and DPR have glowing reviews but consumers think otherwise. Weird huh.

Congratulations on the new camera btw, just go out and shoot! :)

i would suggest it is more of user error rather than real focusing problems. And it is always the ones who don't own the cameras who like to point to the "online fiascos"

forums nowadays, particularly dpreview are full of whinners.

also note that the darwin widget "review" was in raw, but somehow the JPEG samples and RAW samples from dpreview show much more detail and what the 7D is capable of. I would say that even if the 7D has a strong AA filter, the raw files should be processed to reflect the amount of sharpness desired (which is already done by the JPEG engine), not left at zero sharpnening for the review.

Will any user honestly post process with raw and leave sharpnening at zero? i think not.

IF the 7D can show(in JPEG) texture on a money bill that no other reviewed camera could show, and that the D300s couldn't define in JPEG, and can only manage to do so in RAW. i would say the 7D does a pretty good job!

7D on left, D300s on right. JPEG.
dpreview7dd300.jpg