EOS 500D released in SGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woo! More prices! More reviews! More user pics! Any price updates from AP or CP?

I've recorded a few video with 500D. Although the sound is in Mono, I found it acceptable and in no way worse off than any PNS camera I've used before. Of course dedicated Video Camera with Stereo audio will record and produce better sound.

yeah..... i find it acceptable as well.

anyone tried linking it with a HDMI cable?
=)

EOS 500D sample photos from Botanic Gardens available now... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

http://www.digitaldreams.com.sg/500dsamples/

Wow. Apparently by using the 500D, you can travel forward into time
to capture pictures. See the date of the shots. It's was taken on 25 MAY 2009.
Amazing. Canon has once again provided a technological breakthrough.
I don't think any other DSLR comes close.

ha ha.

if anyone from canon is reading, please change the date.

Well... it's definitely more updated than the DeLorean used by Marty McFly. Haha!

Very nice photos though... the EOS 500D with the kit lens is amazingly capable! :thumbsup:

Bought a screen protector from AP but the film only covers the LCD (bright) portion of the screen. Check with MS and it's the same as AP.

Does anyone know where to find a screen protector that covers the Whole glass on the LCD (including the glass around the display area), not just the active area? Hope u understand what I mean. Thanks

I think most screen protectors only cover the display part. For the non-display portion, you can do it cheaply with gaffer tape. And while you have the gaffer tape, you can cover the base and all other parts of the body as well!

I think it is a standard Canon package, it consists of box with camera and kit lens, with addition of 8GB SD card and Canon camera bag.

The shop is behind Holland Village shopping centre, Lor Liput. Very easy to find.

And yes they allow you to try the camera, in fact there was no pressure at all to buy, even though the shop was quite busy. They will probably offer you a Canon 55 - 250mm lens at "special price" so if you are interested in that check the prices before you go to make sure it is a good deal.

Thanks mate on the info of Parisilk in addition to the resources needed before purchase.Been a great help there.Cheers!:thumbsup:

Bought a screen protector from AP but the film only covers the LCD (bright) portion of the screen. Check with MS and it's the same as AP.

Does anyone know where to find a screen protector that covers the Whole glass on the LCD (including the glass around the display area), not just the active area? Hope u understand what I mean. Thanks
Go Sim Lim Square first floor, a lot of protector, and they can custom cut according to your size too.

FYI, you cannot buy 3" protector, because the screen is 3" but the glass is bigger. So I think need to custom cut.

Hi you can try PSP LCD protector and just cut it to fit the LCD. This is what I will do :) I hope this helps

PSP 4.3" .. sure fit.. haha... just cut, very easy.. something we learn when in kindergarden.. finally put into good use!

ha ha.

noticed it but dunno how to inform them as well.
LOL!

Well, good thing someone from Canon has noticed the error.

Good job in quickly fixing that mistake.

Uhhh Canon...can we expect something like this fantastic technology
in a future camera? Would love to travel in time and capture great moments
in history.

Just a note to your R & D division to keep this idea on the back burner. hee hee.

cheers

According to Canon Singapore, it is already possible using the EOS 500D, but you need to send in your camera for one important upgrade - to install a flux capacitor! :bsmilie:

P.S: Old joke... only understood by those who are old enough to have watched "Back to the Future"!

ha ha.

All camera also can do that...what is new?

Just got my 500D yesterday waiting for weekend to play with it. Was thinking of getting Scandisk 16gig card 100x 15mb write cos $60++ 300x 30mb write cos $170++. Which should I get as price so diff. Thanks

Just got my 500D yesterday waiting for weekend to play with it. Was thinking of getting Scandisk 16gig card 100x 15mb write cos $60++ 300x 30mb write cos $170++. Which should I get as price so diff. Thanks

shop recommended 8GB max per card, 16GB not tt tested I think.

looking for Sandisk Xtreme III SDHC 8GB.... anyone got gd deals?

Do note that the user manual (pg121) recommended Class6 or higher SD card for video recording. I think Sandisk UltraII is only Class4. Extreme III is Class6 and I was quoted $90 for 8GB and $169 for 16GB SDHC by AP.

Last edited:
Hi you can try PSP LCD protector and just cut it to fit the LCD. This is what I will do :) I hope this helps

Tried the PSP LCD protector by cutting to size. Swee Swee now:vhappy: Thanks a lot :cheers:

hi all, newbie to DSLR. hope to learn from everyone here.

just bought a 500D few days ago. only bought the body as my fren has a spare sigma 18-200 lens which he hard uses so he t-loan it to me.

was told not to claim for the goodies first (for the standard canon package currently only mem. card and bag) and instead, to wait for the show in june as more likely to get additional goodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.