EOS 500D released in SGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought A EOS500D with 18-55 mm kit for $1350/ w GST at MS Color AMK Central. Great machine, good image. :thumbsup:

Congratulations, I hope to get one myself today also

The standard free gifts now are 8Gb SDHC and Canon EOS bag. I've PM you the quotes that I've received from a few shop.

You will probably receive more free gift by Jun PC show, provided you can wait until Jun........:think:
Just to add on, usually at PC/IT shows, the prices are based on RRP which is currently at $1469/-

Unless the extra freebies given at the shows are what you want/need.

Bought A EOS500D with 18-55 mm kit for $1350/ w GST at MS Color AMK Central. Great machine, good image. :thumbsup:

cool.. i got myself a 500d at M S Color AMK Central too :) at home now, charging battery. its been a while, but i finally decided to take the plunge and switch from a film SLR to a DSLR.

good stuff.

Hi, could you PM me too with the quotes?? Thks..

Parisilk at Holland V have the 500D kit for $1,293 ($1,208 + GST) if you pay cash, or $1,314 ($1,228 + GST) with credit card. I was in this afternoon (Sunday) and they had a few boxes on the shelf.

Parisilk at Holland V have the 500D kit for $1,293 ($1,208 + GST) if you pay cash, or $1,314 ($1,228 + GST) with credit card. I was in this afternoon (Sunday) and they had a few boxes on the shelf.
awesome! can't wait to get mine. Hmmmm... but do they allow you to test at parisilk? otherwise its $50 more to test is at ms color

awesome! can't wait to get mine. Hmmmm... but do they allow you to test at parisilk? otherwise its $50 more to test is at ms color

hmm, the price at Parisilk - Holland V is cooly inviting! ;p , what are the package given besides the 18-55 IS kit lens? you guys know where's the add of Parisilk? Thought of payg thm a visit before buyg..

Last edited:
Parisilk is opposite Pet lover's Centre in Holland V. You need to know the market price and do your home work carefully before you go there, if not you'll end up paying more. So if there is something you are not sure about, I suggest you go home first and research instead of taking the plunge on the sopt, it maybe tempting and especially all the sales talk.

parasilk are ok .. i bought my tv there and the lady boss pretty nice.. but generally, they still hv this 'little india' type of sales.. rather aggressive but they are never too pushy. Price can nego.. so know the mkt price from other shops and try to work from there..

Wow....I am quite surprised by the launch price of the 500D Kit. 450D kit was much more expensive when it was newly launched. I am actually waiting to get my reduced price for 450D when 500D is launched but now I can reconsider because of the competitive price.

Frankly speaking I do not see much improvement in 500D from 450D, thats what I feel but please correct me if I am wrong. I am not fascinated by the HD video capability because I always feel that hybrid products never perform better than the dedicated machines. I am wondering if it has an improved noise reduction system, not much info on that area. Anyone care to share more details?

hmm, the price at Parisilk - Holland V is cooly inviting! ;p , what are the package given besides the 18-55 IS kit lens? you guys know where's the add of Parisilk? Thought of payg thm a visit before buyg..

I think it is a standard Canon package, it consists of box with camera and kit lens, with addition of 8GB SD card and Canon camera bag.

The shop is behind Holland Village shopping centre, Lor Liput. Very easy to find.

And yes they allow you to try the camera, in fact there was no pressure at all to buy, even though the shop was quite busy. They will probably offer you a Canon 55 - 250mm lens at "special price" so if you are interested in that check the prices before you go to make sure it is a good deal.

Wow....I am quite surprised by the launch price of the 500D Kit. 450D kit was much more expensive when it was newly launched. I am actually waiting to get my reduced price for 450D when 500D is launched but now I can reconsider because of the competitive price.

Frankly speaking I do not see much improvement in 500D from 450D, thats what I feel but please correct me if I am wrong. I am not fascinated by the HD video capability because I always feel that hybrid products never perform better than the dedicated machines. I am wondering if it has an improved noise reduction system, not much info on that area. Anyone care to share more details?

there are 3 items which you must pay attention on with regards to the new 500D over the previous 450D.

1) 920K dots LCD on 500D vs the 230k dots LCD on 450D

2) Digic 4 sensor on 500D vs the Digic 3 sensor on 450D

3) Movie recording on 500D vs 450D with normal live view

As per the above we can see the direct difference in 500D, if you dont mind for these xtra features then you might want to consider the 450D.

Hi,
920K dots VGA screen would be one of the attractive improvements over 450D IMHO.
also the auto PI correction and video features..
according to review by imaging-resource on a beta version of 500D, noise management should be on par or slightly better than 450D and 50D...impressive;p

I think it is a standard Canon package, it consists of box with camera and kit lens, with addition of 8GB SD card and Canon camera bag.

The shop is behind Holland Village shopping centre, Lor Liput. Very easy to find.

And yes they allow you to try the camera, in fact there was no pressure at all to buy, even though the shop was quite busy. They will probably offer you a Canon 55 - 250mm lens at "special price" so if you are interested in that check the prices before you go to make sure it is a good deal.

I was quoted $364 w GST at Parisilk for 55-250mm len. In the end, I went for the 18-200mm. I must say I'm enjoying every moment of my 500D+18-200mm :heart::thumbsup::kiss:

there are 3 items which you must pay attention on with regards to the new 500D over the previous 450D.

1) 920K dots LCD on 500D vs the 230k dots LCD on 450D

2) Digic 4 sensor on 500D vs the Digic 3 sensor on 450D

3) Movie recording on 500D vs 450D with normal live view

As per the above we can see the direct difference in 500D, if you dont mind for these xtra features then you might want to consider the 450D.

I must say the 920K LCD on 500D is Gorgeous!!! It comes in very handy during review of my shots.

Parisilk is opposite Pet lover's Centre in Holland V. You need to know the market price and do your home work carefully before you go there, if not you'll end up paying more. So if there is something you are not sure about, I suggest you go home first and research instead of taking the plunge on the sopt, it maybe tempting and especially all the sales talk.

So far I have no issue with Parisilk price... I do compare my price before buying, but I had been almost able to get one of the lowest price around there, without bargaining. I think it's a bit unfair to draw parallel with other store with questionable ethics.

I've very positive experience with Parisilk, in term of lowest quoted price for body and lens, service standard and friendliness of staff. But note that they have limited choices of filter (brand and type). You will get better price and choice for filters elsewhere.

Nt sure if 450d has it.
but beside the 920k dot screen, am very please with e choice of 4 color modes for the lcd screen.

i chose the 4th one, which i find is the most pleasing to my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.