EOS 3 owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kit

Jan 19, 2002
Upper Bukit Timah
www.arkitecturalphotography.com
Hi all, not sure where to post this but her goes...........

Was using my EOS 3 today(whole day) for a site documentary. Had to change new batteries and soon after the change of batteries, the main dial(the one you use with your index finger) stopped working. The camera was stuck in manual mode and I couldn't change the aperture setting. Switched off the camera and on again but that didn't work. Finally, I pulled the battery out and slot them back again. It worked. The dial was working again. I was using the PB-E2 with AA batteries. The temp was about 12 deg but I doubt it was the temp as this is the second I've experienced this problem and the first time was in Singapore. Anyone with an EOS 3 experienced this before? Should I be concerned? I'm trying ver hard not to send the camera in for service as I really need a camera this time of the semester. Thanks.

Originally posted by Kit
Hi all, not sure where to post this but her goes...........

Was using my EOS 3 today(whole day) for a site documentary. Had to change new batteries and soon after the change of batteries, the main dial(the one you use with your index finger) stopped working. The camera was stuck in manual mode and I couldn't change the aperture setting. Switched off the camera and on again but that didn't work. Finally, I pulled the battery out and slot them back again. It worked. The dial was working again. I was using the PB-E2 with AA batteries. The temp was about 12 deg but I doubt it was the temp as this is the second I've experienced this problem and the first time was in Singapore. Anyone with an EOS 3 experienced this before? Should I be concerned? I'm trying ver hard not to send the camera in for service as I really need a camera this time of the semester. Thanks.
I have the EOS 3 but have never encountered this problem before. From your description, it is very hard to guess with just 2 incidents but it sounds like a contact problem. Try to use your camera for extended periods without the PB-E2 (use the 2CR5 instead) and see if the same problem occurs.

Thanks for the advice Edmund. Problem is, its almost impossible to live without the PB-E2:( . Like the weight (yes, the weight) and the balance it offers and also the vertical set of controls. But if the PB-E2 is really at fault, then I'm more than happy to just send that to Canon instead of the camera. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.