Enquiry on reliablilty and accessories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EstherQX

Apr 6, 2009
are authorised dealers located at SIM LIM reliable?
i heard of cases that ppl purchased cameras that are 2nd hand instead of brand new.
anyway tips regarding reliability?

i m gonna buy a D90 with 18-105 lens.
I dunno what free gifts i will be getting because different shop gives different things.
so i am wondering what accessories are needed?
1) Dry box
2) Spare battery?
3) camera bag
4) cleaninng kit?
5) ......

I dunno what will be provided and dunno what comes along.
Pls help me fill the list...=)
Many thanks to all...

Hi EstherQX

Always check for price before hand and check the goods, irregardless of the shops ( even the ones that many of us frequent )

For starters you might be more cautious dealing with shops from sim lim.. lots of "interesting" stories from customers who are not careful

The "freebies" are usually some really cheapo inferior stuffs added to sweeten the deal and make it seem a good deal. Would be better off getting the items seperately.

Dry cabinet is good investment.

Ryan

yup....price checking is done....the equipment check....just check for scratches or any "visible" marks?

If u are not familiar with Sim Lim then dont buy from Sim Lim, "interesting story" can become "horror story" in your case.
Shop at Cathay Photo at Peninsular or Marina Square, or John 3.16 at Funan, is safer in your case.

i m refering to a shop at sim lim named "edison", who is listed as authorised dealer in the Nikon homepage....wonder any members here patronise b4....

Recommended places to buy cams are
1. MSColor AMK
2. CathayPhoto Peninsula
3. John 3:16 Funan
4. TK Photo Shaw Tower
5. AlanPhoto SLS

These 5 places are enough already.
:)

Sorry Esther but is your name weixin?

Last edited:
no i m qingxin

what other accessories are needed and price range =)

Different people attach different importance to the accessories.

For me, I would always recommend a dry cabinet and proper camera bag as a start.

Extra batteries, flash, and special filters can come later when you decide you need them.

U dont need to buy everything in 1 go. Many shops tactic is to charge u cheap on the camera and then charge u very expensive on the accessories, from the way u talk most salesmen can tell u are a newbie and easy to con.

i m refering to a shop at sim lim named "edison", who is listed as authorised dealer in the Nikon homepage....wonder any members here patronise b4....

i got quite a number of things from edison.

they offer me very very competitive prices, even better then the recommended shops in CS most of the time. as long as you have the capabilities to pay cash, their products are first hand, local sets with warranty.

Edison is ok. I have gone there a few times and the service is not bad. Look for this guy called Clayton. Quite a nice n patient sales guy. I got my whole kit from audio house at liang court. $1988 for D90 with kit lens, dry box, nikon cam bag, one 4 gb sd card, one 8gb sd card, cleaning kit, tripod and battery grip. I dunno if this offer is still valid or not coz i got my D90 in Dec. I think price has dropped and accessories are lesser too.

Status
Not open for further replies.