boochap

Feb 12, 2002
sg - bukit ho swee
www.geocities.com
critique pls...

Nature-c28p.jpg

OM-1 zuiko 65-200mm/f4 @ f5.6 1/500s with tripod, Provia

Wow!! Beautiful!! :thumbsup:

However, personally, I would have preferred a slightly higher viewpoint that allows for a little peek into the bud of the flower. That might make the subject even more interesting. ;)

Did you have to setup anything specially to get this shot?

not bad...

what are the thumbprint-like lines in the background? I think they kinda spoilt the picture. Also I would prefer a deeper DOF, making the entire flower in focus. The lighting effect is great, I like it. :)

i always go for available light photography, partly beacuse i love nature and partly because i am lousy with studio lightning. :p

Actually, this picture was taken at the chinese garden, at the koi pond near the main entrance bridge. i wanted to create an effect of light coming through the petals with a very dark background in the frame. As it was a rather cloudy and windy day in Singapore, so i pointed my 200mm zoom lens towards the lily in the direction where the background is a covered walkway, the aperture was set to f5.6 and bracket the shutter +/- around 1/250. i waited for the cloud to go away and the wind almost ceased b4 i press on the shutter in between each shots. 1/250 turned out to be the best. agreed i could have put in a greater DOF, but with that kind of windy condition, it was be rather tough.

i feel the DOF is just nice to bring out the focus and allow the petals on the back to have a soft glow.

Status
Not open for further replies.