Engineering notebooks (5mm square grid pages)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chgoh

Jan 25, 2003
Was wondering if anyone here knows of a place that I could find engineering notebooks, those with pages that have 5mm square grids instead of the usual horizontal lines. Looking for sizes from A4 (8.5" x 11") to about B5 (8"x10").

Appreciate any help or pointers.

Was wondering if anyone here knows of a place that I could find engineering notebooks, those with pages that have 5mm square grids instead of the usual horizontal lines. Looking for sizes from A4 (8.5" x 11") to about B5 (8"x10").

u wan those blue type or normal graph paper type?

I know that it is a standard item in some countries in Europe. It is very rare here in Singapore. However, it is very useful not only in engineering, but in other fields as well.

u wan those blue type or normal graph paper type?

Not graph paper (I believe graph paper is usually in 1mm grids), I'm looking for those like a normal notebook, just only that instead of the horizontal lines, the pages are printed with a square 5mm grid.

Not sure what you mean by the "blue type". Can explain a little bit more.

I know that it is a standard item in some countries in Europe. It is very rare here in Singapore. However, it is very useful not only in engineering, but in other fields as well.

Ya. In the US also. I worked in MNC before and usually these notebooks are used in the R&D department. Some call them invention/inventors notebook, where claims for patents are usually investigated down to the daily notes of the engineers.

I know what your talking about cos I got one of those on my first day at a US-headquartered R&D place some yrs back. My boss (at that time) told me it's quite ex.
I've never seen it in stationery shops here though, so can't help you here.

big book shop? i saw something like what you mentioned @ big book shop @ clementi.. not sure it is the one you're looking for..

big book shop? i saw something like what you mentioned @ big book shop @ clementi.. not sure it is the one you're looking for..

Okay thks. will chk that out.

Try the Stationery Superstore at Funan 2nd Floor. I have loose sheets of A4 only. Last time used it to teach students to draw Orthographic Projections. Is that the type you're looking for?

Try the Stationery Superstore at Funan 2nd Floor. I have loose sheets of A4 only. Last time used it to teach students to draw Orthographic Projections. Is that the type you're looking for?

The page design is probably right. Will check that out too, but looking for a notebook type.

Ah orthographic projections - learnt that loooong time ago and now returned to the teacher liao.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.